Cheat Code Activated :The 2014-2015 Cleveland Cavaliers Season Thread

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
The Cavs core is just about set. Young teams lose, but young teams with talent get better, and it happens overnight. From that point on, its sustained success.

That is what Cleveland needs.

The organization is taking alot of shyt nationally but if they draft Embiid, that will change.

How do you think Kyrie's going to do this season...especially if we draft Embiid? I think that a low-post threat changes his (and Dion's , lesbianest) defensive effort entirely becuase cats won't be able to attack him all out knowing there's no legit shot blocker in the post.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
In a span of 2 months my dude @jaguar paw went from talking about maybe drafting Rodney Hood & signing Luol Deng, to Joel Embiid and signing LeBron James.

Fortunes can change fast in this league with timing and luck.

I'm not celebrating yet tho. They've got to be surgical to get this all together.

dastardlysteviej-png.1428

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Fortunes can change fast in this league with timing and luck.

I'm not celebrating yet tho. They've got to be surgical to get this all together.

dastardlysteviej-png.1428

Honestly, they just need to draft Embiid, even if they don't get LeBron they are set for the future with him.

But, if you actually do get LeBron and keep Embiid + Kyrie + Waiters....it would be a scary sight for the league. Even Thompson's role would be fixed with Embiid & LeBron around.....

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
We relevant brehs :banderas:

I'm coming around on Embiid being the pick. It's tough to play defense when you've got nobody to protect the rim. We don't know for sure that Kyrie and Dion can't play together because they didn't get to log enough minutes before Mike Brown pulled the plug. If we draft Embiid we need to throw money at Parsons (:wub:). I'm done sitting through seasons watching bum ass Alonzo Gee. We'll have to overpay him but its worth it.

As far as coaching goes, anyone but Del Negro. Don't really know how the others would turn out (especially the Tel Aviv coach)....it's just nice to have Brown the fukk out of there.

Looking forward to this season now that there's some hope.

Dayco23

World Champion
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
I like Embiid as a prospect, but why wouldn't Wiggins be a better fit? This team needs a SF badly and IMO SF is the most important position in the league right now. Also, IMO, perimeter defense is much more important than rim protection.

The top 4 teams in the playoffs had a stud 2-way small forward that carried their team (Lebron, PG, Sugar K MVP Leonard, Kevin Durant).

The team can not survive without a SF. We can not be starting Alonzo Gee or Scotty Hopsin next season (or bank on a lebron return).

IMO Wiggins should be the pick. He has the upside, the athleticism, and the skills to be an elite player. Plus if Lebron returns we could play him at the 2 and have Waiters off the bench. Irving/Wiggins/King James/Bennett fast break would just be :whew:

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
I like Embiid as a prospect, but why wouldn't Wiggins be a better fit? This team needs a SF badly and IMO SF is the most important position in the league right now. Also, IMO, perimeter defense is much more important than rim protection.

The top 4 teams in the playoffs had a stud 2-way small forward that carried their team (Lebron, PG, Sugar K MVP Leonard, Kevin Durant).

The team can not survive without a SF. We can not be starting Alonzo Gee or Scotty Hopsin next season (or bank on a lebron return).

IMO Wiggins should be the pick. He has the upside, the athleticism, and the skills to be an elite player. Plus if Lebron returns we could play him at the 2 and have Waiters off the bench. Irving/Wiggins/King James/Bennett fast break would just be :whew:

The problem with Wiggins, or moreso the problem with our guards is that they're insanely ball dominant-and Wiggins can't create his own shot as well as Jabari. Do you trust Kyrie or dion to feed Wiggins for catch and shoots on a consistent basis? If not, then that's why we need Embiid, plus we haven't had a low post offensive/defensive threat in years.

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

Once tyranny starts, tyranny doesn't stop
Daps
The thought process of that the NBA is a small forward league is beyond ridiculous. Its really laugh out loud funny.

I would love for some of you nikkas to be GMs :mjlol:

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

Once tyranny starts, tyranny doesn't stop
Daps
For the record, the NBA may market itself as a perimeter oriented league, but whem it comes to winning, bigs is where its at.

For christ sakes, LeBron is in the conversation as the greatest SF of all time and he is 2/5 in the Finals.

Shaq - 4/6
Duncan - 5/6
Hakeem - 2/3

Think before you speak. Have a vision and don't be a prisoner of the moment.

Dayco23

World Champion
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
The problem with Wiggins, or moreso the problem with our guards is that they're insanely ball dominant-and Wiggins can't create his own shot as well as Jabari. Do you trust Kyrie or dion to feed Wiggins for catch and shoots on a consistent basis? If not, then that's why we need Embiid, plus we haven't had a low post offensive/defensive threat in years.

I agree we have ball dominant guards, but Wiggins is a much better off the ball player than Jabari is anyways. I also think his ability to create his own shot is underrated. He has a very quick first step he uses for step back jumpers and drives to the hoop. I think his biggest weakness is that he hasn't developed an ability to go left, but hes so athletically gifted he hasn't needed to develop that part of his game yet. I also truly believe that Kyrie would be more willing to pass to Wiggins over Alonzo Gee.

While I think the offense and defense that Embiid would provide would be fantastic, I just don't see it as the "go to" type of offensive fit for our team. The league has sort of morphed into this perimeter dominant offense with these "stretch 4s" and "3 & D shooters." When I think of low post offense I think of lower scoring games, slower tempo, good interior passing. Our team really isnt build that way and in order for that to work we would sort of have to change into the way that the Grizzlies play. If we had a low post threat at the 4 (like Zach Randolph) then Embiid would be ideal but I just don't see it with our team that has drafted more perimeter oriented type of players.

IMO Wiggins would do wonders for our perimeter defense and pose a threat offensively at the 3 which I think is the most important position to have in the league today.

Dayco23

World Champion
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
For the record, the NBA may market itself as a perimeter oriented league, but whem it comes to winning, bigs is where its at.

For christ sakes, LeBron is in the conversation as the greatest SF of all time and he is 2/5 in the Finals.

Shaq - 4/6
Duncan - 5/6
Hakeem - 2/3

Think before you speak. Have a vision and don't be a prisoner of the moment.

The league has changed over the past 5-6 years. The Spurs didn't win because of Duncans low post threat they won because of their ball movement and perimeter shooting. They won because they have a SF that is able to defend and pose a threat offensively. Kawhi's emergence was the sole reason they blew out the Heat. The first 2 games were close.

Hakeem won 20 years ago I dont see how that is relevant.