Daps
Reppin
tumblr_m7xtgqguPp1ryfrfko1_500.gif

Gonna be a good summer

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I like Embiid as a prospect, but why wouldn't Wiggins be a better fit? This team needs a SF badly and IMO SF is the most important position in the league right now. Also, IMO, perimeter defense is much more important than rim protection.

The top 4 teams in the playoffs had a stud 2-way small forward that carried their team (Lebron, PG, Sugar K MVP Leonard, Kevin Durant).

The team can not survive without a SF. We can not be starting Alonzo Gee or Scotty Hopsin next season (or bank on a lebron return).

IMO Wiggins should be the pick. He has the upside, the athleticism, and the skills to be an elite player. Plus if Lebron returns we could play him at the 2 and have Waiters off the bench. Irving/Wiggins/King James/Bennett fast break would just be :whew:

You mention that 4 teams in the playoffs had 2-way small forwards, but the Spurs let hulkamania run wild all over Durant and Bron, the two best SFs in the league. They did it because they had two attacking guards and a post presence, yes Leonard was huge in the finals but Duncan, Parker and Manu powered them through the first 3 rounds of the playoffs.

Also of note how good would Kawhi & Paul George be if they didn't have rim protectors behind them allowing them to press more defensively knowing they have roadblock waiting to rotate and alter shots. There's only 1 ball fam, Waiters and Kyrie are struggling to play with one another and you want to introduce another player that needs the ball in his hands and isn't really a great passer? Wiggins has potential as a scorer, but Embiid has potential as someone you can run an offense through and he could clear up pretty much every roster issue your team has. Tristan no longer needs to score, Bennett has a reason to play outside and space the floor from the 4, Waiters and Kyrie would be able to cut and play off of Embiid, the list goes on.

You should be looking at the Spurs as your model for how the Cavs should play if they draft Embiid, two guards playing off a PF/C. And realistically you may be able to find a quality defensive SF in the second round with how deep this draft is, you're not finding a center even remotely on Embiid's level anywhere else in the draft, and with how few free agents Cleveland attracts you need to jump on the chance to land a 5.

really

All Star
Daps
"Cheat code activated"

Lebron stans are fukking dellusional, LOL!!!

nikka has proven time and time and time again he's NOT superman... No title is guaranteed with him... if not for Ray Allen he'd be 1-3 ....

some fukkin cheat code:mjlol:

Maybe you saying you know Cleveland controller broke:bryan:

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
You mention that 4 teams in the playoffs had 2-way small forwards, but the Spurs let hulkamania run wild all over Durant and Bron, the two best SFs in the league. They did it because they had two attacking guards and a post presence, yes Leonard was huge in the finals but Duncan, Parker and Manu powered them through the first 3 rounds of the playoffs.

Also of note how good would Kawhi & Paul George be if they didn't have rim protectors behind them allowing them to press more defensively knowing they have roadblock waiting to rotate and alter shots. There's only 1 ball fam, Waiters and Kyrie are struggling to play with one another and you want to introduce another player that needs the ball in his hands and isn't really a great passer? Wiggins has potential as a scorer, but Embiid has potential as someone you can run an offense through and he could clear up pretty much every roster issue your team has. Tristan no longer needs to score, Bennett has a reason to play outside and space the floor from the 4, Waiters and Kyrie would be able to cut and play off of Embiid, the list goes on.

You should be looking at the Spurs as your model for how the Cavs should play if they draft Embiid, two guards playing off a PF/C. And realistically you may be able to find a quality defensive SF in the second round with how deep this draft is, you're not finding a center even remotely on Embiid's level anywhere else in the draft, and with how few free agents Cleveland attracts you need to jump on the chance to land a 5.

^^^^All of this.

Am I crazy for thinking Anthony Bennett has a chance to come back and be a serviceable player this upcoming season? Supposedly he is in Vegas playing a lot of pick up games and has his weight down. Anything we get from his would be a plus.

Bennett is healthy and able to train all off season. He knows what to expect in the league now. He got his tonsils removed so he be able to breathe easier and it will help his sleep apnea.

He also has lowered expectations and can hide behind this years #1.

He could easily break out this year. He has the game to do it. He's just gotta go in with mind state that it's just basketball and perform.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I'm close to stanning. Get Joel and I part time stan. Get Joel and Lebron and I'm a Cavs stan. Get rid of those ugly unis, I :salute: and stan.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Am I crazy for thinking Anthony Bennett has a chance to come back and be a serviceable player this upcoming season? Supposedly he is in Vegas playing a lot of pick up games and has his weight down. Anything we get from his would be a plus.
No, you're not crazy, really the only place he can go is up.

If they draft Embiid, Bennett now has a defined role which is floor spacer/rebounder, the guy that hits the open jumpers or attacks off one or two dribbles if the defense gets out on him. If he can make jumpers he'll give Embiid the room he needs to operate in the post and could clean up the offensive glass.

So many of your roster issues go out the window with a center, even if Embiid doesn't post big numbers for a couple of years.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland

honestly I'm not gonna be mad with any of the three options. I Prefer Embiid but if they don't want to take that chance then I can't fault them for it

or we could trade the pick to either the sixers or bucks and still take him :lupe:

Dayco23

World Champion
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
Embiid is history. He's not in the conversation at 1 anymore. Way, way too risky with Wiggins and Parker on the board.

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
Embiid is history. He's not in the conversation at 1 anymore. Way, way too risky with Wiggins and Parker on the board.

To be fair, the injury timetable and start of next season line right up so this could end up being a non-issue at the start of next season but I am 100% biased in that I don't want wiggins or parker AT ALL as far as "fit" goes. I still think Embiid is fully in the discussion for the #1 pick in Griffin's eyes for two reasons- Wiggins and Parker don't fit completely in our lineup, and a center (with the right coach, of course) can develop without a ton of pressure or attention in our lineup because of Kyrie and Dion. My biggest fear is that we don't draft Embiid and we're underwhelmed with Wiggins or Parker while Embiid is showing his potential HoF quality on another team.