Chris Gotti Seemingly Says Jay Z Stopped The Murder Inc Group W/ DMX & JA Rule From Happening.

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was listening to a 21 Savage interview from late last year, and he said Jay Z was a real nikka and help him with that immigration shyt he had going on more than anyone did. We wouldn’t even know Jay helped him if 21 didn’t mention it.

he said when he got out of jail he went to go thank Hov and asked him what does he owe him..he said Jay said all he owes him is to “be great”.

A lot of these lame ass nikkas online have no idea what they are talking about.

I remember that too

Also he told the ame thing to meek when he helped him get out of jail

Jay also sent the jet to pick up the lawyers working the arbury case they could not get a flight

Fat joe said jay helped him with his taxes

Lil Wayne said he was told not to say a thing about jay helping him stay out of jail with his taxes

It's weird those get no light but the others do

It boils down to people thinking he did something to get where he is

All it really was is learning from your mistakes and staying away from the bullshyt

And if he feels you not trying to leave the dumb shyt alone you getting tossed in the bushes

Jay said it he not trying to babysit grown people doing that stops his growth and where he wants to go

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To them everyone

To them Jay supposed to help everyone that slander him and wants his spot

Suppose to help Beans even after setting him up

Supposed to still break bread with dame

Supposed to help dehaven after all he said

Etc...

It's a weird thing with him

You ever notice people want Jay to help and give away his Money and use his influence

But never ask the same thing of Kanye and a few others when they have more than him

I think is because they know Jay have common sense and won't let anyone take advantage of him and if you do it once he not gonna let you do it again

We all have flaws he have a few but to make him the boogie man have always been funny to me

:russ:

Jay don't even crack to the top 100 of shady music businessmen to be real.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would imagine this didn't work because X, Ja, Jay all took off around the same time. X and Jay were multi platinum and Ja was starting to make a name for himself and went platinum in 1999. Unless Irv produced the entire album, this would've been all over the place sonically. Considering the paths their careers took, 1999 or 2000 would've been the perfect time to drop it.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its just that X was so big and popular that Jay couldnt blackball him like he did other artists...a lot that have spoken out recently about it.

I don't think ya'll have a grasp on how blackballing works. You could be the biggest artist on the planet and still get blackballed. Ya'll think blackballing means an artist is cancelled and you no longer hear from them again. That's not blackballing. It could be, but not in all cases.

All you have to do to blackball someone is bad mouth them to people in an effort to ruin their professional relationships with them. Sometimes it works, but mostly in the event that the bad mouthing has some truth to it. For example, being a "diva" can get an artist blackballed. Some artists have these ridiculous demands and once it ruffles a few feathers in the industry, they get a stigma for being "difficult" and people don't want to work with them due to rumors or actual facts of them being "difficult".

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think ya'll have a grasp on how blackballing works. You could be the biggest artist on the planet and still get blackballed. Ya'll think blackballing means an artist is cancelled and you no longer hear from them again. That's not blackballing. It could be, but not in all cases.

All you have to do to blackball someone is bad mouth them to people in an effort to ruin their professional relationships with them. Sometimes it works, but mostly in the event that the bad mouthing has some truth to it. For example, being a "diva" can get an artist blackballed. Some artists have these ridiculous demands and once it ruffles a few feathers in the industry, they get a stigma for being "difficult" and people don't want to work with them due to rumors or actual facts of them being "difficult".

Or it could be as simple as me as a artist or producer not gonna fukk with artist A because artist B don't fukk with him

And I don't want to cut off my money

Plain and simple

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Or Jay letting DMX out his contract with his masters and no debt

It's funny to me

Very ironic.

Jay stans took a little bit of what Dee and Waah said on the Breakfast Club but left out the other to fit their own narrative.

You think Jay just did that becuz? Listen to the interview again. X owed money BUT he was also OWED money by Def Jam and THATS why they settled the debt. Not cuz of Jay

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Very ironic.

Jay stans took a little bit of what Dee and Waah said on the Breakfast Club but left out the other to fit their own narrative.

You think Jay just did that becuz? Listen to the interview again. X owed money BUT he was also OWED money by Def Jam and THATS why they settled the debt. Not cuz of Jay

Did Jay have to do that? No it would still be there if Jay didnt do it

But whatever the same energy many seem to have that he never helps also never gives him purpose when he do help

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
Serious question

Why don’t y’all like jay z on here? Every time a thread is made involving jay z it’s like y’all have a contest to see who can slander him the most
He run with snitches and he does fake business deals to be the face of some shyt and not actually own shyt.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Ja said this years ago and Irv alluded to it a couple times

This ain’t new info. Jay been competitive and calculating about his status in the game. And honestly that makes sense. Ja and DMX were heating up and it makes more sense to focus on your own albums and career than to contribute to two other MC’s who were just about to become supernovas

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Ja said this years ago and Irv alluded to it a couple times

This ain’t new info. Jay been competitive and calculating about his status in the game. And honestly that makes sense. Ja and DMX were heating up and it makes more sense to focus on your own albums and career than to contribute to two other MC’s who were just about to become supernovas
Those 3 all stop getting along. Dmx was dissing Ja on his 2nd album lol

and dissed him on “Do You” before Ja dropped pain is love and a lil after 336 released

so that album more than likely wouldn’t happen more so because of X if anybody

but this stuff is never talked about

it’s jay z jealousy as the reason why

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Gillie recently came out and said that Jay threatened to blackball him. Questlove said Jay said something of the sorts about Black Thought. Joe Budden, LL, Jayo Felony, Rell (Rocafella), are artists who were on Def Jam that said Jay damaged their careers in one way or another directly. I think Cassidy recently said he threatened him. He blackballed Jaz when they had beef. He threatened to shut Chris Brown down after the incident with Rihanna. There are probably lots of others rumored. Not all may be true but pretty sure some of them are. as far as the snake shyt, man thats a whole nother thread, when you talmbout shyt he did to State Prop members, Beans, Sparks, Chris...again, we dont know all of what is fact or fiction but so many people be coming out citing instances of fukk shyt they say he be doing.

Where’s the link to Questlove saying Jay-Z threatened to blackball Black Thought. That makes NO sense considering Jay was instrumental in signing The Roots to Def Jam where they went onto release 5 albums.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
It’s really how folks don’t like Lebron. Gotta appreciate it. I appreciate Bron now wasaay more than before. Difference is with music I can replay jay shyt and get that feeling as if it’s live or fresh again but with basketball you just replaying a game and the energy ain’t the same.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Are the new age rappers really this boring/lacking personalities/classics that 90's n early 2000's artists still dominate hip hop boards.

Seems all we do now is just keep rehashing the same stories

I’m pretty sure it’s just that most of this board is :flabbynsick: and stuck in the past.

I’m the biggest Hov stan

but if I was a mod. No thread that don’t involve new music or new news will not be made about him. It should be a separate forum for older stuff. Because it’s only so many times u gon ignore before u post in these rehash topics lol

What are ya'll doing to introduce thecoli to these new artists?

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
What are ya'll doing to introduce thecoli to these new artists?
U can’t talk about new artists with all the attention going to the same exact topics. The forum need to be split. So if go to the booth hoping something dropped but then I see a egregious like
Ying Yang twins 2003>>>>>>>>>>Any Jay year

it’s hard not to get derailed lol

I joined sohh to stay up on music not to get stuck in a era. I don’t want to be that guy

shyt if a new forum can’t be created atleast merge these threads. This like the 5th thread like this