"Christian" family moves to Russia to escape LGBTQ, and now can't wait to leave their living hell ...UPDATE!! page 8.

Daps
What were they escaping from? Gay characters in movies? Just don't watch them. People being gay and existing? They probably have that in Russia too, just a whole host of other issues too that are more seriously detrimental to your personal well being. Politicians supporting gay issues? Just ignore it, gay people marrying isn't going to change anything about your day.
Its not that serious :mjlol:
Bruh it’s very obvious that it ain’t just just gay people if they moved to fukking Russia. They wanted to live around nothing but white people, they probably racist as fukk but they cant just tell people that shyt

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Could have went to denmark, scandenavia, englad, new zealand...:mindblown:
all these places are relatively liberal.

They probably would have fared better in Hungary, Albania etc. (any of them Eastern Bloc countries)

mykey

Superstar
Daps
This is interesting because the boxer Kevin Johnson defected to Russia in January.

0:18

Daps
Those kids are going to harbor some big time resentment if they're stuck there for years

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

"Christian" family moves to Russia to escape LGBTQ, and now can't wait to leave their living hell

SemDem, author

by SemDem

Community (This content is not subject to review by Daily Kos staff prior to publication.)

Sunday, February 18, 2024 at 11:46:51p EST

Comments
688 NEW

Recommend Story1149

FILE - Members of the Wagner Group private military company load a tank onto a truck in Rostov-on-Don, Russia, on Saturday, June 24, 2023, prior to leaving the headquarters of the Southern Military District. Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin ended a brief rebellion by his forces earlier that day. (AP Photo, File)

The patriarch of a right-wing Canadian family of eight had just about enough of the gay people existing in his country. “We didn't feel safe for our children there in the future anymore. There's a lot of left-wing ideology, LGBTQ, trans, just a lot of things that we don't agree with that they teach there now, and we wanted to get away from that for our children.”

Yeah, if there’s one place that’s just not safe for kids, it’s Canada. Russia would be sooo much safer.

So mom and dad sold everything they had to move to sunny Russia to raise their kids in “orthodox” values. They also gladly took donations on their social media platform from fellow right-wingers so they could live in Putin’s wonderland. They did all of this just three weeks ago, and Russian officials assured them that they would work with them to get them established, and even help them get a farm. Long story short, they lived happily ever after.

In this photo released by Sputnik news agency on Friday, Feb. 9, 2024, Russian President Vladimir Putin, right, speaks during an interview with former Fox News host Tucker Carlson at the Kremlin in Moscow, Russia, Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2024. (Gavriil Grigorov/Sputnik, Kremlin, Pool Photo via AP)
Putin with another useful idiot

Except they didn’t.

First off, the Russian bank where they moved their funds immediately froze their assets. The amount of money seemed suspicious, as I guess it would since most Russians outside of Putin’s circle are dirt poor. As a result, the family doesn’t have money to live on, and those nice Russian officials disappeared.

Since no one in the family speaks Russian they’ve had a bear of a time trying to argue for their money since Russia doesn’t require any bank, or any business, to hire English translators. In the meantime, they discovered that Russia is a pretty damn miserable place to be right now.

A Russian reporter interviewed the mom—likely for a story on how the corrupt, liberal West was forcing Christians to flee to Mother Russia to the warm embrace of Vladimir Putin. But the mom forgot where she was and instead spoke her mind:

Hoooo boy.

They just arrived and already she’s insulted Russia. Now, I’m not saying Russia doesn’t have freedom of the press, but it’s just the freedom to praise Putin and his country. Anything that resembles criticism in Russia is NOT taken as kindly as it is in our Western godless dystopias. I’m also not suggesting that Russian officials paid the family a visit to remind them of where they are, but I will point out the dad immediately posted a video saying that his wife misspoke.

In that video, he reiterated that no, Russia is really, really great (subtext: please don’t push me out of a window) and he spoke about hoping to resolve the issue with the bank. The commenters weren’t so sure, or kind. They pointed out that the bank will likely never release their funds and it is more likely that he will be recognized as a foreign agent.

At this point, I’m not sure his farming gig is going to work out. He should have went the Tara Reade route and agree to be used as a tool for Russian state media. I mean, if you are going to go traitor, go all in.

I’m willing to bet that living in a country that tolerates gay people might not be looking so bad now. I’m sure the family is desperately trying to split, and I looked up how difficult it is to leave Russia. According to the BBC, you can leave “ as long as you have money and have not been called up to the army.” For his sake, let’s hope he just lost his money.

Welcome to Moscow! At least the song is catchy.

Why move somewhere without knowing the language ?
Why transfer money when you have crypto ?

Vεnεficα

All Star
Daps
The fact that people have fallen for Russia's disinformation and take anything they say at face value is insane, These people have completely lost their common sense and critical thinking skills. If I lacked morals and self-respect, I could easily join in and grift the absolute shyt out of these right wing idiots. I could market myself as a right wing black woman and start spouting absolute nonsense to these morons, and they'd eat it right up and put me on a pedestal without a second thought, so long as it reaffirmed their shytty beliefs. :skip:

Just look at all the other scumbags that have made money off of these people or used them to push an agenda. It's scary how easy it is. :francis:

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
They did. They lived in a rural part of Canada. The dad is a farmer.

In his words, he wanted to get his family away from "Western influence" completely. The dad hates "left-wing & LGBT ideology," so he thought moving to Russia would be paradise lol.
Lots of cheap real estate in the 'Sip. He didn't do his homework. He could have found plenty of like minded folks too. Dude is a clown.

Russia is keeping that money too.

Imagine wanting to farm in Russia. :russ: