Circana (NPD) US sales December 2023 - PS5 (#1 for both) NSW (#2 for both) XBS #3 / MW3#1, Mario Wonder#2, Madden 24#3

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
My contention is that people play the games they want to play regardless of price.

There’s dozens of FTP games and $70 games releasing all the time. None of them reach the heights of fortnight or spider-man

Sure, I agree, but the numbers in the OP don’t give you this answer

Success exists on the other side of haters.

Maybe you are just on the wrong side :manny:
:wow:

Isaiah 35:5-6

Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened,
And the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
6 Then the lame shall leap like a deer,
And the tongue of the dumb sing.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hardware numbers don't hold as much relevance to Microsoft as it does to Nintendo and Sony. The sheer fact that Microsoft is day and date on PC and console determines that fact. It is possible that someone could own every Microsoft produced game this generation yet never own an Xbox console. The same can't be said for the other console manufacturers and their self-produced games. Their games are made for closed ecosystems to grow numbers. I've played more Hi-Fi Rush and Starfield on my Rog Ally than I did on the Xbox Series X that I own. The console from Microsoft is just another means of delivery for games, not the only means of delivery for games.
This is why they should exit the console business and publish on every console. I genuinely do not see the benefits of not publishing their games on PlayStation or switch. Starfield would’ve been gigantic sales wise if it was on PlayStation.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is why they should exit the console business and publish on every console. I genuinely do not see the benefits of not publishing their games on PlayStation or switch. Starfield would’ve been gigantic sales wise if it was on PlayStation.
It’s because you have 1980s vision.

Dedicated gaming hardware loses money.

The majority of money spent on gaming software is not tied to a particular pice of hardware.

Platform holders make the majority of their money hosting games from other publishers.

Sony is reaching for money outside of console warz just like microsoft.

Only you stan’s still stuck on “genesis does…..”

:mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s because you have 1980s vision.

Dedicated gaming hardware loses money.

The majority of money spent on gaming software is not tied to a particular pice of hardware.

Platform holders make the majority of their money hosting games from other publishers.

Sony is reaching for money outside of console warz just like microsoft.

Only you stan’s still stuck on “genesis does…..”

:mjlol:

What a change a year makes :wow:

Daps
I'm looking forward to the next Nintendo numbers when they dump them before a quarterly meeting. Wonder is doing crazy numbers (and digital isn't included in NPD) and New Horizons is still 11th for Switch sales (again, with no digital numbers). ACNH might be at or nearing 50M units overall.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Xbox had a better december 2023 :wow:

47e778cfa06ad1f618d7ff3f40dfe847.gif

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
One thing that’s actually interesting about this is the fact that there’s no ubisoft games on that list despite being one of the largest money hungry publishers out there

Shareholders ain’t gon like that :patrice:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
One thing that’s actually interesting about this is the fact that there’s no ubisoft games on that list despite being one of the largest money hungry publishers out there

Shareholders ain’t gon like that :patrice:

They pretty much took this year off outside of avatar which looks like it flopped

Mirage is on the list though

Edit—-

I’m bugging, Mirage and Avatar are on the list

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
They pretty much took this year off outside of avatar which looks like it flopped

Mirage is on the list though

Edit—-

I’m bugging, Mirage and Avatar are on the list

What list you talking about? :patrice: I was referring to this one

GEIVPXDbIAA8YJV

Ubisoft execs gotta be punching the air rn getting outsold by Dead Island and Mario kart

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

GEIVPXDbIAA8YJV

Ubisoft execs gotta be punching the air rn getting outsold by Dead Island and Mario kart

December, Avatar came out last month, Mirage was cheaper so im not surprised it wasn’t in the top 20 but it sold well

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

GEIVPXDbIAA8YJV

Ya'll get upset when I don't know everything about everything but I had not idea SpiderMan 2 sold that well.
I'm surprised it sold more than Zelda and Diablo.
Xbox squeaking into that number 10 spot is hilarious.
MS Publishing though.... :wow:
Can't wait for them to bush their consoles entirely and focus on the publishing, which is all that matters in 2024.
SEGA walked so Microsoft could run. :to: