richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
This was a surprisingly good movie, IMO........

51QZn5u0T1L.jpg
Yeah it's the one I fukk with.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Excluding the Madea movies I don't think his stuff is as bad as people make it out to be. Some of the stuff is corny but I've seen a lot worse.

Think the Madea character was ingenious, but it got played out quick. But then again that was his bread and butter and really the character that made him his fortune. Can't hate a man for doing what worked for him. Said he struggle for years on end funding his own plays just for them to tank over and over again, until he created the Madea character. From there he's been able to put out movies like the Family that Preys and other shows like Have and Have Nots, which my wife got me hooked on. I will admit its no Power or Wire, but its a decent show to watch if you want something to watch that require you to think

Black Cobain

Donkey Punch? I Donkey Slap!
Daps
Reppin
New Afrika
His religious overtones, cross dressing, and bottom of the barrel themes made me dislike him early on

He's a good businessman, marketer and job creator but at the sake of mediocrity

Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I'm not a fan of his work, but he's seemed to have toned down the buffoonery a whole lot on his newer shows which are mainly dramas. They're doing numbers and putting Blacks to work. I say let the man eat, good for him.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
This was a surprisingly good movie, IMO........

51QZn5u0T1L.jpg
Wasn't this the movie that set up The Have and Have Nots?
If I write a script for a TV show, I get credit no matter who show it is...

You not supposed to take someone's script and put your name on it...

This becomes an issue because if you are a TV writer and you on contract with a show and you over here writing scripts but the showrunner keeps putting his name on the shyt like he wrote it...then when that show ends...what the fukk are you gonna do...

Tyler Perry isn't the only one that does that, Andy Sorkin did too....which is why no TV writer likes fukking with him...
One of the writers of Billions?

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
One of the writers of Billions?

Yeah, he's famous for creating the West Wing...and he wrote the Social Network...and he created the Newsroom

Dude is a notorious credit thief when it comes to TV writing...:mjlol:

But he is a really good screenwriter and all that...

isisleo86

All Star
Daps
I love the fact that he works with and employs blacks.

For his content some is ok some I don't care for. I did like Why did I get married and Daddy's little girls. He built his empire from the ground up and he remained catering to his black audience. He hasn't been problematic (like Lee "" the white man's ice is colder" Daniels) so I definitely won't knock his hustle.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
I have mixed feelings about Tyler Perry....but more positive than negative. I love how he keeps black actors/actresses working. He deserves respect just for that.

As far as his plays and movies....I used to like some of his plays when I were younger. Not too fond of black men dressing up as women (even tho the characters "Wanda" and "Shanaenae" were funny as fuk)....but his playing Madea got played out later on. His acting that role seemed too organic for him....gave u the vibe of a real southern older black women with the mannerisms, voice, reactions, disposition, etc...which is one reason why a lot of folks think he is homosexual.

I actually enjoy his non-Madea movies more now....like Good Deeds, both Why Did I Get Married, Daddy's Little Girls, Family that Preys, etc, I also respect his hustle. Also, I like the Have and Have Nots show and just started watching it last year.

I do think some of his movies have the same themes and show some negative aspects of our community. But that's his formula and it works for him so...:francis::yeshrug:

Most of his shyt isn't deep but a lot of his shyt have some true lessons that could be applied to a lot of our lives and experiences....like I Can Do Bad By Myself. Now that's some true shyt that I learned from experience.