Democrats Introduce Bill Banning Hedge Funds From Owning Single-Family Homes

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Bookmarking. If this goes nowhere, unlike other disingenuous pieces of shyt, I want to be able to come back and name names. Its going to committee and the house is run by Republicans currently.

IF this goes nowhere, again, there will be a record or who did what on congress.gov and I will blame the very mothafukkas who kill it. None of this blanket shyt cause this would actually be a transformative bill.
Makes sense. Berkshire Hathaway owns hundreds of thousands of regular ass single family homes. If Warren Buffet makes a bad call the US real estate market could go down like it did in 07.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Makes sense. Berkshire Hathaway owns hundreds of thousands of regular ass single family homes. If Warren Buffet makes a bad call the US real estate market could go down like it did in 07.
YUP! That power not only kills home ownership, but they become "Too big to fail" and will drag taxpayers into their bullshyt. I will be DAMNED if this new goldrush for homes turns into them fukking up and requiring some giant federal intervention. It's time to nip this shyt in the bud.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Outstanding idea, unfortunately this is being pushed after they have lost the House. This will probably not pass at this time, because the Republicans are now pretty much purely the no party for anything that works to the benefit of the average American. So Hopefully, they retry once they control the legislature.

My problem a lot of times with the Democrats is that they wait until after they lose control of a part of the government to push forward bills that will drastically aid the American people. So I don't give them credit when they push forward a great bill they already know will not be passed. Especially since it seems once they do have the power to pass it, they forget all about the great bills they tried to pass when they did not have the seats to get it through.

If this bill fails, which I am pretty sure it will because of the Republican majority in the House, I will see if they try again when they actually are in a position to pass the bill. If they do try again when they have the power to get it passed, I will give them their laurels.

I remember what happened with Abortion Rights, and how they could have had it codified when they had control of all branches of government, but always refrained from doing it because it was such a good voting wedge issue for them. So I am leary about great bills being pushed forward when there is no real power to get them passed.
Yep this is largely messaging. Decent Idea and wait till they ain't in power to propose ths and when it fails blame the GOP. They could've pushed this through when Nancy had the gavel but they didn't and had they done it it would've been loaded with loopholes.

Think that Warren Buffet ain the orginal #bothsides funder brehs.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
So you shouldn’t draft bills unless you have a majority in 2 houses and the president?

Shouldn’t lawmakers be bringing up bills and forcing people to go on record with their vote?
Shouldn’t they do this when they also have the majority? No one cares who voted for what in 2023. It’s the same as republicans floating red meat that goes nowhere when they don’t have the power. This gets the bnews of the world all giddy though. That’s all it’s for

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That god, this is a great fukking bill. Homes becoming an investment vehicle has been awful Americans, this bill will undo a whole lot of harm if it passes...... it probably won't, but it's too see where their heads are at.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
YUP! That power not only kills home ownership, but they become "Too big to fail" and will drag taxpayers into their bullshyt. I will be DAMNED if this new goldrush for homes turns into them fukking up and requiring some giant federal intervention. It's time to nip this shyt in the bud.

Daps
Outstanding idea, unfortunately this is being pushed after they have lost the House. This will probably not pass at this time, because the Republicans are now pretty much purely the no party for anything that works to the benefit of the average American. So Hopefully, they retry once they control the legislature.

My problem a lot of times with the Democrats is that they wait until after they lose control of a part of the government to push forward bills that will drastically aid the American people. So I don't give them credit when they push forward a great bill they already know will not be passed. Especially since it seems once they do have the power to pass it, they forget all about the great bills they tried to pass when they did not have the seats to get it through.

If this bill fails, which I am pretty sure it will because of the Republican majority in the House, I will see if they try again when they actually are in a position to pass the bill. If they do try again when they have the power to get it passed, I will give them their laurels.

I remember what happened with Abortion Rights, and how they could have had it codified when they had control of all branches of government, but always refrained from doing it because it was such a good voting wedge issue for them. So I am leary about great bills being pushed forward when there is no real power to get them passed.

That's right. Both sides, brother. :birdman:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Shouldn’t they do this when they also have the majority? No one cares who voted for what in 2023. It’s the same as republicans floating red meat that goes nowhere when they don’t have the power. This gets the bnews of the world all giddy though. That’s all it’s for
When did they have the majority?

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
The dems did so fukking little when they had the power for 2 years this guy doesn’t even remember it :heh: tell me more about how this isn’t just political theater @CrimsonTider