Did anyone here NOT pay attention to the Drake-Kendrick beef???

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
There are often times when I ignore celebrity drama because I just dont care, and there are times I get sucked into celebrity rabbit holes and just feel like I wasted my time

This was not one of them. This was a national canon event. If you weren't awake and listening that night when Kendrick dropped 30 minutes after Drake you legitimately missed out on something:manny:

Whole nation energized right now though it's finally starting to trail off.

Entertainment in its purest form. And its never gonna happen in our generation again :wow:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
Many overestimate how much of the world listens to music. Even less are really "into" music.

It's actually survivorship bias to think it's grand event when you're on a music forum.

At the end of the day there are a lot of people who don't consider music a central or even important part of their lives. Even fewer who are into the gossip.

Not to mention a large number of people out there actually prefer silence instead of music.

The most streamed song in the world has 4 billion plays on Spotify (The Weeknd's Blinding Lights). That's a lot, don't get me wrong.
But that means that after nearly five years not even half the world has played the most popular streaming song of all-time.
Not to mention many of those people have played the song multiple times. I know I've contributed to that number.
I wouldn't even be surprised if less than 1% of the world even knew that song.

Go up to random people or even ask some of your co-workers who you don't talk to that much to name five Drake or Taylor Swift songs. I actually know of a few people I work with who'd fail that test for sure.

That's why music sales are mainly in terms of millions, not hundreds of millions or even tens of millions. Think of the amounts of albums that have been released and only a handful of them have sold over 10 million copies. 10 million is not a big number compared to how many people and generations there have been.

So basically, it's not so crazy to think the world doesn't revolve around a musical event.

Last edited:

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
I paid a lil attention to it, but mfers are super fukking engrossed in it.

Its crazy how hard the fanboys and shyt go for this stuff these days. It leaks over to TLR pretty hard.

I saw and heard enough to see that apparently Drake got cooked again; that's about all I need to know :russ:

I have to echo the Colibreh above that says that I just don't care much about either of these nikkas.

Daps
The fact people are acting like they know these people personally, and this has become a cultural battle is mind boggling to me. These are rappers, not political figures, and people are risking getting fired over it. I have never, and will never care that much about celebrities.