Do you genuinely think AEW will compete?

Do you actually believe it or do you just hope so?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Solid One

Superstar
Daps
I just found out my cousin's boyfriend is a markbeard. Dude traveled to Chicago for the AEW show. :skip:

It's crazy because they've been dating for several years, yet nothing was ever brought up. :skip:

I don't know how deep he's into the game, but I wanna say he's an Elite stan. I also have an old HS friend who reps them, and he stopped watching E programming years ago. YB and Cody really out here bringing in a mix of old/new fanbase. The ball is in their court. :ehh:
Is he white

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in fairness, people who still saw WCW as second rate once they got Hogan, were just marks.

they were out-classing the WWF in just about every category before the NWO even began.

and ALOT of people want the real sports feel. we havnt had such on a big mainstream platform since WCW fell off and got goofy. that's why the WWE's attempt at a monopoly failed twice. a lot of people don't like their brand of wrestling. but yet, youre under the impression that the WWE way is the only way.

hell, FOX wants smackdown to be more sports-like.

hes crazy over everywhere he goes.

what more do you want??
Eh I watched all that before the Monday night wars, bought all the magazines and I'm sorry but WWF was far and away better than any of that nonsense WCW was doing although WWF was shyt too at the time.. that dungeon of doom trash, Hogan turning to the darkside, etc they didnt get the juice until Hall popped up and from there they were off and going.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Eh I watched all that before the Monday night wars, bought all the magazines and I'm sorry but WWF was far and away better than any of that nonsense WCW was doing although WWF was shyt too at the time.. that dungeon of doom trash, Hogan turning to the darkside, etc they didnt get the juice until Hall popped up and from there they were off and going.

you can have your opinions but nitro won the first battle with raw and they were trading victories long before scott hall popped up.

that doesn't sound 2nd rate to me.

hall popping up didn't give them the juice. they already had the juice, evidently.
the NWO put them over the top, but lets not act like chit wasn't already crackin.

they clearly had the superior roster and hotter show pre-NWO, while the WWF was just riding off of brand loyalty with casuals.

and hell, even with the casuals, WCW was getting name-dropped regularly in non-wrestling sectors long before they even had hulk Hogan. chit, I remember AWA still getting namedrops years after they folded. different times tho, but lets not rewrite it.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I'd love them to... but they need something that makes them "must-watch" - the fact that they're biggest draws aren't exclusive to AEW is a major problem for them and they mainly feel like "another indie show" albeit a good one.... at the moment they're a fun curiosity, on a scenic journey down the drain. I hope they can find something to keep them afloat into the long-term - but Young Bucks appearances where they carry on feuds built in other promotions really ain't it.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
AEW need a game-changing, big draw like the NWO to have the WWE shaking in their boots.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I think all it will be is an alternative.