Do you genuinely think AEW will compete?

Do you actually believe it or do you just hope so?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
No, they don't even have any top black talent besides a fukking transvestite. That diversity angle is bullshyt. Cody has always sucked as a wrestler. Jericho has always been overrated. I like Kenny Omega. A white guy named "hangman" is a top wrestler, lmfao, gtfoh. That shyt is lowkey racists and cody's wife is a bedwench that probably hates black people.

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
I'm more so intrigued at how they're going to go about writing stories and pacing themselves with weekly TV.

Will the champion appear weekly? Will there be more effort on promo and story-telling within the structure of the show using non-wrestlers?

Will the talent be working every match like a blow-off or will we be able to distinguish the importance of every match based on style? How will these records play a factor...are they going to stick to the fight-style of wins mattering in lieu of stories?

How well will they do working with covering multiple divisions within the strict time format while trying to elevate such characters as Orange Cassidy, Luchasaurus, and such?

My fear is them suffering from the same situation that WWE is facing where they have all this talent with nothing to do.

Coco Brown

All Star
Daps
They've got a good shot at *eventually* being legit competition but they gotta be smart and get their house in order before they try to storm Vince's castle. I think AEW has potential to be a successful promotion but they are going to have to carve out their lane and create and build on their successes. They got work to do in house *points at their women's division* before making competition w/WWE a priority. Competition w/WWE will be a natural by product of success. That doesn't mean be unaware or uninterested in WWE is doing, just that I think they should learn from the mistakes of past promotions and not try to David the WWE's Goliath too soon.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
All you need is one good storyline and you can be on top.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I haven't watched wrestling in about ten years and didn't really care like that for another 5. I done watched went out of my way to watch 2 aew shows and I'm hyped for the second nwa show.

So I'm evidence that there's some fans that gives zero shyt about wwe.

sbud

All Star
Daps
UPP for all these sheep that doubted AEW and are now riding the bandwagon.

Fully admit I thought it was going to be all flippy shyt and the Elite putting themselves over. Only two shows in and it’s worlds apart from what I expected in terms of good wrestling, good storytelling throughout the matches, and The Elite selling and letting guys go over. I’m 100% on board with AEW at this point and NWG because of all the shyt going on with the E at this point. If they actually keep doing this right and keep the momentum then I’m sorry for halfway doubting them.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Yes. And so is he.

Who are these jobbers thinking they know me or my peoples? :dead:

I'm far from what you think of as a white guy. I have Mexican dominant blood in me; I just happen to be huero. I'm out here in East Los so take a guess what kind of color those dudes are. :russell: