Do you think Luffy becoming the Pirate king will be more iconic than Goku becoming a super Saiyan?

Do you think Luffy becoming the pirate king will be more iconic than Goku transforming.

• Total voters

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

luffy-one-piece.gif

goku-ssj.gif

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
no for the simple fact that Goku turning SSJ was a surprise. It was hinted throughout the Frieza Saga about a legendary SSJ, but never explicitly said…

THE ENTIRE PLOT OF ONE PIECE IS LUFFY FINDING GOLD D. ROGER’S TREASURE AND BECOMING THE PIRATE KING. We already know how it ends

Last edited:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
For me personally? Yes. Super Saiyan becoming something that anyone can achieve retroactively ruined that scene for me. Watching Luffy's *unique* journey to becoming pirate king will have a bigger lasting impact. That's something that's not going to get watered down.

Last edited:

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
One Piece is already bigger worldwide and is better than dragonball:manny:

when luffy becomes pirate king it will be more iconic because whoever he fights to finally become the PK will be a better fight than goku vs frieza

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Never in a million years. Im appalled that this is even a debate
:manny: The numbers on twitter were insanely close. Out of 25k votes

49.4 = Yes
50.6 = No

:unimpressed: Personally I think Vegeta transformation was better than anything Goku did or Luffy will do but that’s just me
tumblr_p6yy9ehAnb1x8m1bho1_640.gifv

ImpureFirstHen-max-1mb.gif

AdmirableKaleidoscopicCougar-size_restricted.gif

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Adding to what others have said, SSJ being a transformation of enhanced power makes it more iconic than a title. Don’t think actually being the pirate king fundamentally changes Monkey D. Luffy as much as his journey does and it’s Luffy who is the icon, not really being a pirate king.

You had kids, teenagers, even adults worldwide trying to imitate the SSJ transformation. Cringeworthy stuff but it happened. Not really the same with Luffy reaching his goal.