Do you think Luffy becoming the Pirate king will be more iconic than Goku becoming a super Saiyan?

Do you think Luffy becoming the pirate king will be more iconic than Goku transforming.

• Total voters

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Is that shyt still going on? :dead:
I lost track in the new arc because there was to much going on :mjlol:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Goku going Super Saiyan has to be the more iconic moment just because One Piece is slept on in the west while Dragonball is known worldwide for laying the foundation for modern shonen.

One Piece is by far the better written series though. The foreshadowing, world building, and the sense of adventure are all GOAT tier, and One Piece tends to be a lot better about putting respect on the side characters. It’s one of the few long running shonen that never fell off.
(And it’s the bestselling manga of ALL TIME :youngsabo: )

It was fun growing up with DBZ and I’ll always respect it for what it started, but I get tired of cats claiming DBZ as the GOAT just because it’s the only anime they’ve watched. Diversify your bonds.

Last edited:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
It would be more comparable to the end of Dragon Ball Z.

Honestly at this point, the only way one piece could not have a disappointing ending is if the treasure itself allows you to wish for ANYTHING you want and live whatever life you want in an alternate universe for as long as you want.

Only way to explain how the people who've seen one piece basically stop adventuring and can even die happy.
he better not do one piece was the friendships you've made along the way :mjlol:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
You all cap on this take:manny:

This a flashback fight with a higher animation budget than most of dragon ball super’s fights

toei aint puttin up the bread to pay for near-movie quality animation on a weekly anime if it wasnt mainstream :mjlol:9 million views to see three dead dudes in a flashback scene

if hes only counting the us he isnt wrong. 4kids destroyed this franchise in america to a crazy degree. i had to damn near force a friend to read it and now hes telling me about chapter updates

rdot

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
I been wanting to read the manga but there’s hella chapters….is it worth it brehs ? :jbhmm::patrice:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes it will be. Super Saiyan was cheapened retroactively by all the extra versions.

It was cool until Goten and Kid Trunks ruined it.

Goku’s original SSJ transformation was goated.
It was still dope when Vegeta and Future Trunks did it since we saw them pushed beyond their limits before they transformed so it still felt earned. Same thing for Gohan going Super Saiyan 2.

Goten and Kid Trunks hadn’t been through enough live stuff to truly earn super saiyan status IMO.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
They aren't even comparable things. It's like asking if the best party you've ever been to going to be comparable to the eventual birth of your first child. You dudes are so fukking slow.