Does Jay-Z have a top 10 hip-hop song of all time?

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s a great list @ bolded.

And there is no Nas. I included Biggie even tho that song has since been proven a forgery :skip:

Half of, if not 75% of any essential top 10 list MUST include foundational songs from rappers/groups we no longer even consider anymore. So that’s leaves very little room for modern rappers.

To pinpoint jay of all people shows this site’s bias and foolishness.

Nas and Jay are the GOATS imo but the only song I considered for nas is NY state of mind.

Though I do agree that at times the “Jay” threads get tired I think it can show why Jay is the GOAT.

He doesn’t have the 1 greatest song of all time or the 1 greatest album of all time but he managed to be the one whose rapped at a high level through 3 decades while remaining relevant and also dropping GREAT projects and hits

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
I’m from the south and the first southern song that should be considered is minds playing tricks on me.

NYC is raps birthplace and contains more artists than some states population. It’s basic numbers that they’ll produce songs that shaped and had the most impact on rap.

Of course, but being almost 70% imo is too much.
He doesn’t have the 1 greatest song of all time or the 1 greatest album of all time but he managed to be the one whose rapped at a high level through 3 decades while remaining relevant and also dropping GREAT projects and hits
The Jay-Z argument is eerily similar to the LeBron goat debate.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikkas making top 10's with no ATCQ...that's exactly why we don't do this. Scenario is as hip hop as it gets

Damn forgot about that too. It’s definitely top 25-50.

Y’all got me thinking though. There hasn’t been a top rap song created in a very long time.

The only songs that could touch a definite list top rap song list is Kendrick’s Alright, Lupes Mural, and Future March Madness. If we talking impact, artistry, and skill.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Of course, but being almost 70% imo is too much.

The Jay-Z argument is eerily similar to the LeBron goat debate.

70% is about right. Especially when you look at the majority of the entire country and labels being based in NY.

Great point but this isn’t sports. That’s another convo though

Budda

Superstar
Daps
Memory lane is def not a top 10 track :ufdup: See yall tellin on yourself. A personal favorite, somwwhat indie track from Nas can be top 10 ever but not one from jay

You listing great songs but it’s TOP TEN EVER. You could NOT list them and no one would bat an eye. Someone above listed like 15 songs all of them have an argument

As far as Juicy…

:mjgrin:

A track on the most acclaimed rap album in history of the genre can't be a top 10 track? Lmao you a fool even Jay would disagree with you as one of many rappers influenced by Illmatic

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps
Of all time though?

In terms of what man? lol

im a big jay fan unlike 95% of this nasstancentral.com section but :why:
:pachaha:
Lol in MY mind if I was to make a top 10 list of greatest hip hop songs to ME, an argument can be made. Yall in here talking about T.R.O.Y., Grandmaster Flash and all that other flabby bullshyt like there ain't thousands of songs that have came out since that isn't miles better than all that old shyt...this just ones man's opinion tho
:yeshrug:

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
top 10 songs is hard as shyt to crack.
my favorite Jay z song is in my lifetime remix or allure....they're amazing detailed beautiful songs.

But they don't belong in the realm of the songs already mentioned in this thread.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Classic songs but not top 10 definitive..esp Scenario. Electric Relaxation is close
and that's why we don't do this...Scenario and Check the Rime are booth my philosphy and sucka MCs (which aint even the Run DMC song people would put up) as well as express yourself