First Gen Z congressman says he was rejected from Washington DC housing

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA

She's right about this. Straight from the source.

The whole concept needs an overhaul especially in this job market, with this technology and with the technology that's coming.

Everyone from CEO's to management to academics to manual labor going to be feeling the impact from technology.

A lot of people going to be down bad with the AI and robotics they're coming up with.

AI is simply the start too :wow:

Both "good" (and "bad") people going to get their credit shattered and all because they're out of work, blown through their savings and can't get work while their bills pile.

Then throw in medical problems, everything getting more expensive, it's going to be bad.

Last edited:

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
I mean…..he mentions everyone else. You ain’t read past the headline? He said we have to do better for the whole country
He’s talking about himself and the AOC is talking about him. They not doing shyt for everybody else and he wouldn’t be saying shyt if it didn’t happen to him. fukk politicians.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps

She's right about this. Straight from the source.

The whole concept needs an overhaul especially in this job market, with this technology and with the technology that's coming.
I've work in the field and seen the shyt people doing with AI. It's :wow: straight up. Everyone from CEO's to management to academics to manual labor.

A lot of people going to be down bad with the AI and robotics they're coming up with.

Both "good" (and "bad") people going to get their credit shattered and all because they're out of work, blown through their savings and can't get work while their bills pile.

Then throw in medical problems, everything getting more expensive, it's going to be bad.

It's unsustainable you can't have that many poor people they will have to come up with some sort of way of taking care of those people.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
If you a go-getter, I don't know how you don't got respect for that grind. No wealth to back him up, all on his own.

Man campaigned all day and did Uber at night to make ends (somewhat) meet to become the youngest member of the house.

Not many other jobs let you call in on your own schedule that may dramatically change day-by-day. That's why Uber was probably one of the only viable options.

While this sounds like "bootstraps", look at the risk he had to take.

If dude came up short (like many people do) that's a wacked out credit score that will have repercussions to be dealt with for life.

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
The Weeknd is tripping

unnamed-1-2-e1593560403821.jpg

the weeknd will 100% make an appearance on SNL portraying this congressman. he was hilarious in that SNL short about sleeping on the couch.

Daps
If u have bad credit u got bad credit.

Get ur shyt straight and Get a spot like everyone else. Until then rebuild and lead as u promised ur ppl u represent and stop complaining an exception to the rule.

He ain't complaining, trust me. There is no shortage of folks lining up to pay a congressman bills for him. He's posting about it to galvanize the people around the issue because he plans to make housing his primary issue while in congress.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
This is why politicians are easily bought by wealthy donors and become forever indebted to them.

Running for office is expensive. Breh took a risk and it paid off.

He should be able to do a go fund me tho :manny:

May mean well, but 99.9999% of the time there's intention hidden behind it.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
He’s talking about himself and the AOC is talking about him. They not doing shyt for everybody else and he wouldn’t be saying shyt if it didn’t happen to him. fukk politicians.
He literally said in the last tweet that we have to do better for everyone. If you’re a fukking illiterate moron, I get it, but stop prancing around like your opinion is worth a fukk

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He’s talking about himself and the AOC is talking about him.
“I also recognize that I’m speaking from a point of privilege cause in 2 years time, my credit will be okay because of my new salary that starts next year. We have to do better for the whole country.”
There’s still a lot of barriers for working-class people to run for office,” he says. “I want to be the voice who shows how messed up it is and help demystify the process.”

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Prolly more to the story. But that gave me an excuse to post a Stevie Wonder JAM about housing discrimination

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
He literally said in the last tweet that we have to do better for everyone. If you’re a fukking illiterate moron, I get it, but stop prancing around like your opinion is worth a fukk
Believe that bullshyt if you want.