For those black people who are against student loan forgiveness

qwer

Banned
Daps
You do realize your arguments against student loans is the same reason why people will be against reparations?

Artfull Dodger

All Star
Daps
You do realize your arguments against student loans is the same reason why people will be against reparations?
q6vCApt.gif

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
Pay your bills… I signed for a home loan at 23, I didn’t know if I payed the mortgage over 30 years, a majority of that would be interest. I got an FHA loan as well, the government should forgive 10k of my home loan.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
you do know that white women will be the biggest recipients of this right?

Also every college student will pay more because everyone will expect deferrals and forgiveness plans.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I'm not sure the OP is saying he agrees with the anti reparations arguments but rather that they would sound very similar to arguments against student loan forgiveness.

A common argument will be that the people who owe the debt are dead and that the people who are owed the debt are also dead. "Why are we all forced to pay for something that will only benefit 13% of the population"

Whether you agree with the arguments is beside the point. I'm pro reparations and I can recognize what some of the arguments against it would be if it was seriously on the table.

qwer

Banned
Daps
you do know that white women will be the biggest recipients of this right?

Also every college student will pay more because everyone will expect deferrals and forgiveness plans.
It doesn’t matter people will make the same arguments for why they don’t support reparations why should my reparations money go to when 1 out of 50 black Americans household’s
Are a millionaire and my money would be going to people like Lebron

qwer

Banned
Daps
I'm not sure the OP is saying he agrees with the anti reparations arguments but rather that they would sound very similar to arguments against student loan forgiveness.

A common argument will be that the people who owe the debt are dead and that the people who are owed the debt are also dead. "Why are we all forced to pay for something that will only benefit 13% of the population"

Whether you agree with the arguments is beside the point. I'm pro reparations and I can recognize what some of the arguments against it would be if it was seriously on the table.
Exactly or reparations will cause too much inflation

qwer

Banned
Daps
It’s not remotely in the same stratosphere :dead: one of the worst analogies I’ve ever seen. Generations have been hamstrung due to centuries of involuntary enslavement. Your philosophy major debt you agreed to pay back but don’t want to is the same?
Reparations will cause too much inflation why should I pay for reparations when none of my ancestors owned slaves?what benefit do I get out of reparations?

AggiePride336.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Reparations will cause too much inflation why should I pay for reparations when none of my ancestors owned slaves?what benefit do I get out of reparations?
lol just say you’re against reparations without playing these silly games.

Also, I’ve paid my loans back and I’m ok with student loan relief.

Roger king

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
i support relieving people of the burdensome debt, wealth shouldn't be a barrier to a college education in a decent and humane society. One shouldn't be stiffled with life time debt simply because he or she wanted a university education.