GGG in regards to Mayweather fight at 154: "Show me contract"

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Lara called out GGG breh

Never seen it or heard it but if he did then props. No reason to believe you'd lie. Good looking.

Bingo.

When a guy whose really not even a special 154lber is the lineal champ there must be a ton of struggle in that div.

I was looking at the names the other day and there are guys at 154 and 160 who I like such as K9 and Lee and the Charlo Twins but my standom aside, 154 and 160 ain't shyt.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Don't spin this friend :ufdup:

The pitchforks came out because he called out a fighter who weighed 146 in his last fight :ufdup:

The pitchforks came out because for the Messican pothead he has no problems moving up to 168 yet when :sog: name is mention its :whoa: :ufdup:

He wants to stay at middleweight and unify, cool. Then quit calling out welters and jr middles. :ufdup:

On the flip side though:

SOG had said he'd drop a weight class and fight Floyd Mayweather at 160.....

Andre Ward To Mayweather: I'll Go 160 To Fight You!
Posted by: Edward Chaykovsky on 3/15/2013 .

By Edward Chaykovsky

The war of words has ended with a challenge. On Wednesday, WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (43-0, 26KOs) lashed out at WBA/WBC super middleweight king Andre Ward (26-0, 14KOs). He took shots at Ward's ticket selling abilities. Ward's manager, James Prince, who used to manage Mayweather years ago, fired several verbal shots right back at Mayweather .

But now Ward himself has come out in the public and challenged Mayweather to a catch-weight fight at 160-pounds. Mayweather has never fought higher than 154, but Ward is willing to drain his body to head eight pounds south. Mayweather defends his title against Ward's close friend, Robert Guerrero, on May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Ward stated on the social networks - "Lil Floyd says he spars middleweights. He is the only man I will sacrifice coming to 160 for. He won't take that bait!!!"

http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-ward-mayweather-ill-go-160-fight-you--63365

...the same way that GGG has said he'd drop a weight class and fight Floyd Mayweather at 154, and we werent going :ufdup: to SOG:manny:

GGG is also willing to fight JCC Jr. at 168, because it would be less, risk more reward than fighting SOG...plus he would take all JCC Jr's fans in the process. #MexicanStyle marketing is his thing and who better to beat than the son of a Mexican legend who had his own huge fanbase?:yeshrug:

Pretty much the same thing that can be said about GGG at 160 can be used against SOG against Ward at 168 and refusing to move up to 175 and fight better opponents ("He wants to stay at super middleweight and unify, cool. Then quit calling out jr middleweights (floyd) and middleweights (GGG)"):manny:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Looking for a cherry pick payday they might as well call Floyd up to 160 I dont see the appeal of this fight people just wanna see Floyd get punished like some of these dummies like Mosley who hotshotted themselves up way above where they should've been fighting at the time

SOG did that, so GGG wouldnt have to go through that:yeshrug:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
On the flip side though:

...the same way that GGG has said he'd drop a weight class and fight Floyd Mayweather at 154, and we werent going :ufdup: to SOG:manny:

GGG is also willing to fight JCC Jr. at 168, because it would be less, risk more reward than fighting SOG...plus he would take all JCC Jr's fans in the process. #MexicanStyle marketing is his thing and who better to beat than the son of a Mexican legend who had his own huge fanbase?:yeshrug:

Pretty much the same thing that can be said about GGG at 160 can be used against SOG against Ward at 168 and refusing to move up to 175 and fight better opponents ("He wants to stay at super middleweight and unify, cool. Then quit calling out jr middleweights (floyd) and middleweights (GGG)"):manny:

Yeah that was in retaliation to Floyd talking shyt :ufdup:

Had to let lil man know we ain't about that talking we about that action :ufdup:

but J Prince already showed him that :sog:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
So is GGG gonna do the BHop thing and meddle at a shytty division? If so brah has 10+ years of title reign he needs to get to.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Yeah that was in retaliation to Floyd talking shyt :ufdup:

I believe SOG would take that fight in a heart beat to this day:mjpls:

So for me, it's hard to criticize GGG when he's doing what SOG is doing...and I have no problems with SOG's moves either. He's the King of 168, you want to fight him, meet him at 168 because he's not above to move up just yet. Canelo and GGG hold the same mentality (Canelo has said he'd fight Pacquiao, but only at 154 knowing Pacquiao is much too small):manny:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
So is GGG gonna do the BHop thing and meddle at a shytty division? If so brah has 10+ years of title reign he needs to get to.

I was just about to bring up B-Hop staying forever at 160 when he could've moved up as well:mjpls:

Hagler too:mjpls:

I have no problem with a fighter dominating his division though:manny:

However, ducking challengers IN your division is a cause for :pacspit:, so if Ward moved down to 160 and fought twice there, and GGG still refused the fight then:camby:

Same thing with GGG moving down to 154 and Floyd not fighting him or Canelo down to 147 and Pacquiao not fighting him:camby:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
I was just about to bring up B-Hop staying forever at 160 when he could've moved up as well:mjpls:

Hagler too:mjpls:

I have no problem with a fighter dominating his division though:manny:

However, ducking challengers IN your division is a cause for :pacspit:, so if Ward moved down to 160 and fought twice there, and GGG still refused the fight then:camby:

Same thing with GGG moving down to 154 and Floyd not fighting him or Canelo down to 147 and Pacquiao not fighting him:camby:

u want the undisputed champ come down or up to his weight and fight em. hagler aint duck no one unlike someone ............:mjpls:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
On the flip side though:

floyd went up one weight class to face a boogeyman, who everyone thought that he was afraid of, in canelo. dont see why ggg cant do the same since hes the most feared man in boxing supposedly.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
floyd went up one weight class to face a boogeyman, who everyone thought that he was afraid of, in canelo. dont see why ggg cant do the same since hes the most feared man in boxing supposedly.

That's Floyd...and he still fought Canelo at a catchweight, not at the full 154 limit. Would anyone like GGG vs Ward at 166? Ward vs Kovalev at 172?:heh:

SOG fought the #1 Light Heavyweight at 168, not at 175...so why cant GGG ask of the same thing of Ward (to fight the #1 Super Middleweight at 160) if he chose?:yeshrug:

Why is it only that GGG has to move up, but Ward doesnt have to move down...even though GGG is firmly the A-Side at this point of time?:ohhh:

Im telling you, it's very hard as a SOG stan to shyt on GGG when SOG has already done the same thing we are now trying to criticize GGG for....but yet we were cool with SOG getting away with it:manny:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
That's Floyd...and he still fought Canelo at a catchweight, not at the full 154 limit. Would anyone like GGG vs Ward at 166? Ward vs Kovalev at 172?:heh:

SOG fought the #1 Light Heavyweight at 168, not at 175...so why cant GGG ask of the same thing of Ward (to fight the #1 Super Middleweight at 160) if he chose?:yeshrug:

Why is it only that GGG has to move up, but Ward doesnt have to move down...even though GGG is firmly the A-Side at this point of time?:ohhh:

Im telling you, it's very hard as a SOG stan to shyt on GGG when SOG has already done the same thing we are now trying to criticize GGG for....but yet we were cool with SOG getting away with it:manny:

no, but at this point id take anything. good points though.

ggg still ducking ward at 160 or 168. i always hear the excuse from his team money/ppv wise...never about coming up or going down in weight. at least ward didnt outright duck anyone.

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
no, but at this point id take anything. good points though.

ggg still ducking ward at 160 or 168. i always hear the excuse from his team money/ppv wise...never about coming up or going down in weight at least ward didnt outright duck anymore.:russ:

At the end of the day, Team GGG knows SOG is too much for them. That's why I said in the other thread it was an excuse imo. Canelo fought lesser opponents in back to back PPV fights and did 300k and 350k. Im sure GGG vs Ward can hit those numbers as well, however, K2 Promotions dont wanna lose their potential cash cow in a thorough beat down:heh:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Never seen it or heard it but if he did then props. No reason to believe you'd lie. Good looking.

I was looking at the names the other day and there are guys at 154 and 160 who I like such as K9 and Lee and the Charlo Twins but my standom aside, 154 and 160 ain't shyt.

nah he did. actually a couple of times now.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Before the fight.. Floyd's never fought a puncher like this.. He's getting KO'd

After the fight..

GGG is a bum.. Who has he beat?

This wasn't a prime GGG.. Fight was boring (code for Floyd won)..

Floyds a coward making a weight drained GGG cut down to JMW..

Mayweather is ducking the fade from (insert new hyped fighter)

Yep....Then GGG would lose to Canelo and Ward and the history books would remember him as pretty much a nobody. At least beat Lara, a Charlo or Quillen.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
His 50th will be on PBC, he'll hook Haymon up.
I don't think so. It's a nice sentiment and I'm sure they've floated the idea but I don't think Floyd sells himself short like that at the very end of his career; that's a middle of your career type move, the way Floyd spends he'll probably wanna squeeze every dime out of PPV that he can. It wouldn't really benefit him to do a PBC fight.