Golovkin Promoter: Not Enough Money For Andre Ward

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
good fukking point. sound like this dude scared:manny:

shook boys dont want it with ward...''hes too much for me''....i thought ggg wasnt ducking nobody

shyt's funny because when :sog: #Gang were in promoter Bolivia these dudes were talking allllll kinds of shyt.

These dudes been :whoa: since Ward got on Rocnation and told them "don't mention my name unless you want to fight."

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
GGG team full of shyt man

Ward and GG could headline a big crowd and maybe even do decent PPV numbers. They would sell out an arena for sure IMO if they had the fight in California.

Guarantee he gets more money fighting Ward than continuing to fight dudes from Fight Night career mode

GGG got paid 1.5M for fighting Monroe

If GGG/Ward fought they're both going to demand at least 5 Million each

You think HBO can get 500K buys on PPV?

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:scust: This hype train will be derailed soon enough. Cotto and Canelo below him and Ward above him. Again, props for beating the people they put in front of you GGG, but they aint put a live body in front of you yet. If he were even competitive against Canelo or Ward he would get my full respect. 116-112/115-113 type of fight.

Triple G :mjlol:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly.. Nobody is interested in Andre Ward due to inactivity. I was at work and everyone talking Floyd Mayweather i asked them if they knew Andre Ward and they was like "who?"

Andre can be touched too..

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Honestly.. Nobody is interested in Andre Ward due to inactivity. I was at work and everyone talking Floyd Mayweather i asked them if they knew Andre Ward and they was like "who?"

Andre can be touched too..

Care to show the rest of that fight friend where we outboxed his ass pre and post knockdown :sog:

Boone got a ko victory over the lineal 175 champ and damn near everyone from 154-175 had a bad moment wit that nikka if this is your only hope of GGG beating him then I got bad news for you. :heh:

Monroe already showed what #SOGGang been saying for the longest bring the fight to the inside on these "power punchers" and they go :dwillhuh: can't get the extension on the shots that they want and all of sudden that boogyman power isn't a factor anymore. BHop had the same gameplan with Kov but Kov was smart and would take a step back and Hopkins doesn't have the footwork anymore to offset that.

the name sounding convincing I don't follower those australian and japs figheters who got them belts

Nah I was laughing because Fatdan and Shookboys would be bringing the spin on any jobber that nikka fights. I'm tempted to go dig in the boxing thread at nikkas first reactions to the Monroe Jr fight shyt was full of :francis: after the spin though it's all :ohlawd: "dat movement"

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I don't think the idea that it economically doesn't make sense is an excuse. To make the fight HBO either has to pony up a whole bunch of money or have it on PPV. As good and popular as GGG and Ward are respectively, I don't think they are ready for a PPV without another name headlining.
Look at Canelo, he is arguably the 3rd most popular fighter (his regular broadcast numbers are phenomenal, as well as his ticket sales) and his PPV sales are just okay and not at the level of a PPV star yet. There is still a huge difference between what a Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao can turn in fighting anyone vs. what Canelo can do. Canelo-Cotto will do a lot for Canelo's PPV attraction going forward (assuming he wins).

ESPN just had an article on DeGale calling out Froch and Froch's promoter says he has been offered JCC (which they couldn't finalize) and DeGale and GGG. He said they wouldn't consider fighting GGG unless HBO provided them with a pot full of money...and Froch is a bigger draw than Ward.

And again, Ward fans seem insecure of their place in the PFP rankings. Quit listening to the casuals. The casuals always jump on the KO puncher and hype them up. Now GGG deserves plenty of hype and in my PFP rankings I have him in the top 10, but towards the bottom. An active Andre Ward is #2 to me.
For whatever reason this fight reminds me of Hamed-Barrera. GGG is a hell of a fighter and Ward fans can't deny that. But if they fought, I would be leaning towards Ward to win. I would root and hope for GGG, but stannery aside (I am #GGGoodBoys), I respect the heck out of Ward and understand what he is in the ring. He is physically much bigger than GGG, and although GGG is a terrific boxer (especially with his offensive moves), Ward is even more gifted as a boxer. Ward also has the ability to fight on the outside and keep GGG at a distance and still move around effectively. Like Hamed, if GGG fought and lost to Ward (Barrera), it isn't a crushing blow to your historical resume. You would have fought and lost to a HOF'er and one of the best to ever do it. No shame in the outcome, if it is vs. a great opponent. I think the casuals (like Hamed fans) will expect GGG to beat Ward easily. That won't be the case. I wouldn't be surprised if GGG won, but I know the score, Ward is great and he would deserve to be the favorite going into the fight. :manny:

That said, I am #GGGoodBoys. GGG just put on another great performance. Watching his first KD of Monroe is amazing. He had him trapped in the corner and only threw one punch. The punch that knocked him down. Some people need to stop sleeping on some of the little things that GGG does that are impressive. He could have went wildly swinging in, like most fighters do, but he picks his shots. For a power puncher looking for KO's, he is very aware to look and find the right shots, as well as land them with accuracy.

Going forward I hope that GGG lands a fight with Lee later this year. Lee has a legitimate belt and it would be a fight that I think continues to grow his fanbase, while satisfying hardcore fans with a quality opponent. The reality is the opponents everyone wants won't be available until 2016. We will see what happens. Maybe we get a fight vs. Canelo or Ward in 2016 (sounds like Froch may be announcing his retirement).

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Why would it have to be on PPV?:mjpls:

Just an excuse they're using to overprice themselves out of the fight:yeshrug:

I think for a fight of that magnitude, you'd wanna capitalize while the iron is hot, and while Boxing fans want to see it it's just not on the immediate radar right now. Cotto and Canelo are more likely to happen before a Ward fight simply because of how much money either guy brings to the table and Golovkin is the B-side either way in that dept. With Ward, technically Ward can be the A-side because he's got more of a history on Cable and winning the Showtime Super Six you gotta give him that, but Golovkin for taking such a risky fight wouldn't make much of sh*t right now in comparison to a Cotto or Canelo fight where he's likely the favorite in both and he'll make a career high and then some. It's just common sense at this point and I think Ward beats Golovkin.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bu bu but GGG isn't afraid of anyone and gives the people what they want

in related news GGG's next opponent will be the reigning OPBF middlewight champion Yoshi Wakatabusa

And continue the narrative that they had no choice but to fight him cause everyone scared of him.