Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Vince doesn’t seem to be in the best mood at the moment. And he’s got good reason too: WWE’s flagship show Raw is on a run of record low ratings in competition with Monday Night Football and the recent Presidential debates. Unfortunately, one of the recipients of his unhappiness is Raw’s new Cruiserweight division.

WrestlingNewsWorld are reporting that McMahon isn’t happy with how the cruiserweights have been getting over on Raw so far, and that a similar division on Smackdown has been put on hold because of it – possibly permanently.

The cruiserweights have mostly been met with tepid crowd responses on Raw so far. TJ Perkins’ match against Tony Nese last month got the classic ‘CM Punk’ and ‘Randy Savage’ chants – which is a WWE crowd’s way of saying: ‘we’re bored, change the channel, muuum? Can I have a sandwich? No, with the crusts cut off. Of course I want some Reese’s Piece with it.’

But in the cruiserweights’ defence, their matches have usually been placed at the start of the third hour: which is where audience attention goes to die. Otherwise known as the Randy Orton/Sheamus slot. WCW used their Cruiserweight division to kick off their shows with high octane action. That’s when the Cruiserweights should be slotted.

Lince Dorado was apparently planned to be one of Smackdown’s top Cruiserweight babyfaces, but because the blue brand’s division has been sidelined, he debuted on Raw this week, picking up the win with Sin Cara over Tony Nese and Drew Gulak. He’ll now compete with Rich Swann for the No.2 babyface slot behind TJ Perkins.

OMG, no way, how shocking this is :martin:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
THEY'RE SO TINY!
vince.jpg

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
this cant be true, there is no way everybody else thought this was a bad idea but him... and the funny thing is the thing that would have helped the CW division ( having guys on smackdown) is being cut because of their bad decision to force them into a already crowded raw with almost no booking at all? naw this is dirtsheet bs

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
format high paced matches in the 3rd hour of a show :beli:

tbh they aren't even high paced lol. It's been 3 to 4 minutes of rest holds combined with a few " :ehh: " spots sprinkled in. CWC was a hit on the network so what does Vince do? He strips and waters down everything that people were enjoying about it.

This ain't on the talent, it's squarely on Vince 100% but we can't be surprised lol

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
Not surprised it's turned out like this :shaq2:
They gotta focus more on building actual storylines and characters and stop shoving people out there randomly...
RAW should've been 2 hours and each show should've gotten CW's with the CW Title being the only floater in all honesty. Only way I see them fixing this is just letting them open the show because that's when the crowd will be HOT.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Not surprised it's turned out like this :shaq2:
They gotta focus more on building actual storylines and characters and stop shoving people out there randomly...
RAW should've been 2 hours and each show should've gotten CW's with the CW Title being the only floater in all honesty. Only way I see them fixing this is just letting them open the show because that's when the crowd will be HOT.

Raw is like that hot girl who has tons of makeup on and looks good but when you actually talk to her and go on a date you find out that she isn't about shyt. :lolbron:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I said in another thread but this cruiserweight division totally reminds me of WWECW in its first few months. It doesn't help that the crowd finds these guys boring and I'd wager they've been getting cut out of the Hulu version.