stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
format high paced matches in the 3rd hour of a show :beli:
That's the point. So people have something to wake them up/look forward to in the 3rd hour instead of putting another boring match on that will cause people already tired or on the fence to switching channels. Putting it at the start of the show does nothing beyond "Well, that's how WCW did it".

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
I just realized I haven't watched anything WWE wise in about a week or two :mjlol:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
:dead::dead: at you trying to defend it but still saying how you didn't like it in the end :mjlol:
A lot of people liked it apparently, i just wasn't one of them. Their was clearly a fanbase for it based on the reaction and response to it.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Opening promos should only be done after PPV's, CW's open the show. They can fit in some backstage segments to set up feuds. There should be no less than three CW matches a week.

Alexander The Great

I ain't gonna say this sh*t again
Supporter
Daps
it silly to have a "crusierweight" division in 2016 anyway imo. and the way they rolled it out on Raw has been extremely lazy and lackluster.

the Nitro cruiser weight division became successful and popular for a few different reasons.

it was totally different from the main event. the crusier weights were smaller, faster paced, better wrestlers, that took more "high risks." that made the cruiser weight matches SPECIAL and COMPLETELY different from the main eventers.

now the main eventers are 5'9 210 lbs, were as in 1996 that would have made you a crusierwieght

look at who wcw had on their roster: Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Syxx, Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Chavo, Juvy, Kidman, Ultimo Dragon, Dean Malenko. and thats not even all of them.

so what makes TJ Perkins and Ced Alexander and the other any different from what most of the current main eventers are doing on Raw?

the wwe took the reactions from the nxtish crowd and expected the main roster crowds to react to guys they never heard of...who also seem to have zero charisma.

what they SHOULD have done was take the winner of the tourney and have them face a main roster guy for the championship. I would have had Neville, or Xavier Woods be the 1st champion. that way at least the main roster crowds KNOW the champion and you can build the new guys up.

so what can they do to improve/fix it? incorporate known guys like Neville, Xavier Woods, Sami Zayn into the division. bring up Austin Aries(who would probably be a perfect heel champion).

they need a couple legit heels for their babyfaces to work with. I'm kind of surprised vince and hhh dropped the ball on this so bad.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
What happened to the good old days of blaming the champ*? Release TJP, give the belt to Kendrick and let Swann/Alexander fight for the #1 contendership.

* - the aforementioned note is satire.
:pacspit: @ TJP though

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That's the point. So people have something to wake them up/look forward to in the 3rd hour instead of putting another boring match on that will cause people already tired or on the fence to switching channels. Putting it at the start of the show does nothing beyond "Well, that's how WCW did it".
But these matches have not been the fast-paced, high flying types of matches that would wake a crowd up. Its been the same slowed down, tame WWE style of match as everyone else in the company has.

Skyjacker

All Star
Daps
That site screams :duck: . This is the same site that reported that Becky Lynch was getting a lesbian gimmick.