Henry Cavill officially back as Superman

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I wonder this too. I think it had something to do with the fanbase rejecting emo Superman.

There's been so much drama at DC I can never keep up with it.

I still don't understand why Snyder was axed and then the fanbase rallied for him to redo Justice League.

I still don't understand how that happened as I've never seen anything like it before. :pachaha:
I don't know about the Cavill situation
but a lot of the Syndercut drama stems from BVS being poorly received and they were filming Justice league while BVS was in theaters so they were trying to fix it while filming the movie. the execs started fighting with him because they wanted to save it from the same fate as BVS.
then Zack had a personal family tragedy and had to leave the film. but he finished filming most of it but the movie still wasn't ready so they hired joss wheadon to finish it which was a mistake because they both have completely different tones.
movie flopped.
then the pandemic happened and they just wanted content, any type of content.but they couldn't film anything due to covid. so they figured they might as well let Zack make his director's cut just to get the fanbase to subscribe to HBO Max. They had all of his footage already and they just needed to spruce up some effects so it made sense at the time.
it's one of those lighting in a bottle situations.

Last edited:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I still don’t understand the criticism of MOS
It wasn’t good. Like Snyder did a lot of Ayn Rand type shyt in there and originally they destroyed a city while fighting and no one really thought about how out of character that was until Batman vs. Superman.

Basically Snyder version of Superman didn’t mesh with the majority of other interpretations

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I still don’t understand the criticism of MOS

Agendas
Reeves Lovers
MCU stans

The whole "emo" shyt is so overblown and goofy. You clearly see during MoS why dude was the way he was learning to deal with everything involved with his powers (losing his dad, wanting to use the powers for good and not being allowed to so that others wouldn't see him as a threat/freak/etc.). When he came back in ZSJL he clearly was over the hangups and embraced what he needed to be/do.