how good was joe calzaghe?

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think he is the best fighter out the UK (or shared with lennox) and possibly the best white fighter in the last 25 years. everytime i doubted his talent he proved me wrong. had an aggressive style, great chin, big puncher, threw a lot of punches, and underrated ring craft.

bigmac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
South London
Son was fukking amazing but he lacked any type of personality so the masses never realised his greatness. Ask anyone with any semblence on boxing about dude and they'd heap his praise but he gets lost in the mix of discussion because he was no draw and had very little marketability.

A shame tbh.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
disgust aside...joe committed a big no no in boxing...he's on record saying he didnt want the hard fights :scust:which combined with who he fought during his career makes him an easy target for criticism..esp since after he retired 168 heated up big time..i do give him props however for one thing..he at least beat all the champions in his division during his career..he ruled that division..puts him a full level higher than that fukk sven ottke

what he did to jeff lacy though was and is still uncouth :wow: :damn:...fukk a joe calzaghe :birdman:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
joe calzaghe spent most of his career fighting in europe, but he was better than guys at 68 in america during his career anyway, there wasn't any competition
he ducked roy in his prime because he wouldn't come to america and fight, that was the biggest strike against him, but i still think he had a chance to beat roy even in his prime, because to be honest roy had a lot of holes in his defense he was even knocked down by some bum in his prime, and was bothered numerous times by technical boxers

I think Joe calzaghe would've fought chad dawson or someone like that before he retired he would get more respect

he lost to bhop and got the gift, which makes boxing fans want to toss him into the bushes because they can't think objectively

Daps
Reppin
The Sweet Science
joe calzaghe spent most of his career fighting in europe, but he was better than guys at 68 in america during his career anyway, there wasn't any competition
he ducked roy in his prime because he wouldn't come to america and fight, that was the biggest strike against him, but i still think he had a chance to beat roy even in his prime, because to be honest roy had a lot of holes in his defense he was even knocked down by some bum in his prime, and was bothered numerous times by technical boxers

I think Joe calzaghe would've fought chad dawson or someone like that before he retired he would get more respect

he lost to bhop and got the gift, which makes boxing fans want to toss him into the bushes because they can't think objectively

No way in hell he beats Prime Roy Jones