How prevelant are gangs in the US Military?

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
I remember a several years ago there was a news report on street gangs joining the military and there being graffiti from gang seen on Milktary bases as well as in countries where the military was stationed and fighting in such as Iraq, Afghanistan and other countries. But for those of you that are currently in the military or have been in the military how much is the gang presence in the military.

I know one of my cousins who is 35 now, joined the Navy back in 2009 and when he joined he was reppin Bloods at the time but he says he joined to get away from that lifestyle But do most people who are in Gangs join the military to get away from gangbangin or do some just join to bring that Military knowledge and training too their gang or is it 50/50 depending on the individual.

Last edited:

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
I knew some guys that were active. Hell 1 was arrested after formation 1 day. Never seen or heard from him again after that.

Hell there was a female leader of the GD's I think that was an active service member. She was ordering hits and all that shyt.

egsteel

All Star
Daps
I remember Gangland had an episode on this. Had some members of a white supremacist gang that would lace their boots with white laces. Also talked about latino gangs and some GD's that were initiating a new member in Germany that went wrong.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
You have to define "gang" there's a lot of former gang members in the military but being active in west bumble fukk Alabama not really.

It kinda depends on your unit, People not in the military assume that They're always marching and camping out, the reality most military jobs are really really chill. I remember when I went to my first duty station the chick right beside me during the orientation brief was an 92Sirerra. I asked her what that was it was the laundry and shower unit. If world war II kicked off dudes would be wearing the same uniform for a month, not taking baths for a month, You could literally get sick so they have a few people on deck for that, but normally you take baths everyday and wash your own uniforms, I never saw that chick after that but I can't imagine that they did too much. I person in a job like that has enough time to cosplay as a "gangster" the average troop doesn't.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You have to define "gang" there's a lot of former gang members in the military but being active in west bumble fukk Alabama not really.

It kinda depends on your unit, People not in the military assume that They're always marching and camping out, the reality most military jobs are really really chill. I remember when I went to my first duty station the chick right beside me during the orientation brief was an 92Sirerra. I asked her what that was it was the laundry and shower unit. If world war II kicked off dudes would be wearing the same uniform for a month, not taking baths for a month, You could literally get sick so they have a few people on deck for that, but normally you take baths everyday and wash your own uniforms, I never saw that chick after that but I can't imagine that they did too much. I person in a job like that has enough time to cosplay as a "gangster" the average troop doesn't.

am I the only one confused by where this post went? :patrice:

*edit*

ok I get your point now when I read the last line again

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
when i was in, ran into some surenos who were legit banging "active" is a different story, you get some crips, bloods, lord etc here and there but generally dudes dont bang on anyone. that i never saw.