How prevelant are gangs in the US Military?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@twan83 @NatiboyB yall drop some knowledge for me personally I ran with the locals to be honest I was just cool with em south sac iraq nikkas but gangs in the military maybe I could see it but in the Air Force to many squares

Yes it’s definitely gang members all over the military. And that includes the national guard and reserves...You will be hard pressed to find many people actively banging however but you will still be affiliated it’s not line you will just leave everybody in the dust...

What happens is the people who chose to make it a career (go for retirement) kind of grow apart from the lifestyle. People who just come in and do a tour tend to go right back to the lifestyle after they get out...over my time I have met and served with all kind of gang members and have never chaptered anyone due to gang activity Black Latin asian native etc...And that includes white nationalist.

CID (criminal investigation division) used to actually investigate it until I think they realized it was a command issue not a law enforcement issue. As long as they aren’t active in the lifestyle and on social media with a whole crew nothing you can really say or do...Honestly even now I encourage gang members to join they have to see it’s more to life than the neighborhood...

and it’s always someone around who recognizes game and can mentor them. Any of those times you heard about people getting caught up they were being messy or trying to initiate membership.

this is also cross branch navy, Air Force, Army, Marines...typically unless they’re had a known tat they would weed out at meps.....but anyone else can and normally makes it through..Military Command Policy usually forbids gang Activity...but at the same time promotes unit cohesion. I can find like minded people and end up with more disciplined gang members.

Last edited:

MaxPain

Hispaniola Exchange Student
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Where It’s Not Safe
Plenty. I met just about every gang I could imagine

My first roommate was a Puerto Rican crip from the Bronx that did initiations in the dayroom and had club brawls on the regular

I got cool with a medic who got kicked out but stayed in the base town afterwards & he was a Gd from chicago, ended up making his own GD chapter there

I met so many Surenos it wasnt even funny

Most arent active though, the most they do is throw a sign up or two

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They nikkaz that join nowadays is definitely different :mjlol:

Me: what's going Airbrehs...what you doing this weekend?

Them: (in Urkel voice) Nothing much big Sarge...me and the others are going to have a COD marathon this weekend :noah:

Me: o Ok. You guys dont ever go down there by the college to meet some females?

Them: :gucci: why would we want to do that?

This situation really happened verbatim

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They nikkaz that join nowadays is definitely different :mjlol:

Me: what's going Airbrehs...what you doing this weekend?

Them: (in Urkel voice) Nothing much big Sarge...me and the others are going to have a COD marathon this weekend :noah:

Me: o Ok. You guys dont ever go down there by the college to meet some females?

Them: :gucci: why would we want to do that?

This situation really happened verbatim
Yup, I believe it. I want to put some dudes on game but I’m like NAH

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
Its one of the reason's i plan on joining the National Guard before 2021

Friend of mine been on his su-wu moo goo blood shyt shyt since HS and he convinced me since im paying outta pocket for Weapons training, Krav maga, Boxing etc....why not just go to the military where they will pay you to do all of thar shyt and more?:yeshrug:

Made sense to me...and this is coming from one Gangbanging ass nikka.....breh went in like Bishop.....came out like Killmonger:picard:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
@twan83 @NatiboyB yall drop some knowledge for me personally I ran with the locals to be honest I was just cool with em south sac iraq nikkas but gangs in the military maybe I could see it but in the Air Force to many squares

Regardless of branch their were gangs from when I was in. The thing that is crazy is they don’t be the ones half time the time u worry about that get into shyt or trouble it be the others :dahell:
They be real close and you include the people with the unit or company or battalion u got a real good cohesion of team players that work together. It comes down too what their mindset is more or less imo.