HYPOTHETICALLY . . Would Mayweather Vs. GGG at 154 be more interesting than Pacquiao?

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
I don't understand how he's referred to as a "giant" when he's 5 foot 10
It's not the height i'm referring to. He's too big TOO STRONG for floyd whom has trouble hurting WW's and is now supposed to fight a MW whom hurts legit MW's with some punches that dont even look like good shots. It's a bad move for floyd with very lil reward.
If manny didnt garner props for floyd then he should accept that they hate him and only want to see him be humbled and take a L. Unless he loses,they'll never be happy,so fukk the critics. Floyd's already done more than prove himself a million times over.

Daps
I don't know, but it won't hurt Mayweather's legacy either way. If I was MM I wouldn't fight him at catch weight I would fight him closer to the MW limit. So that way he will get all the credit for taking the risk fighting the bigger man.
Let's say Floyd dominates this guy. Do you really believe he'll get all the credit? Even after he embarrassed Canelo, critics came with the "Floyd fought Canelo too early in his career (at a catch weight)" excuse, even though the catch weight was Canelo's idea. It's well-documented.

They could promote that fight for a year starting today its not selling as much as maypac it'd be an accomplishment if they got maycanelo numbers.
In a video interview on FightHype, Floyd himself said something along the lines of, "I know for a fact that I'll never do those numbers again, no matter who I face. In my next fight, I'm guaranteed 36 million, but on the back end, I'll probably make around 64 million, so when it's all said and done, I'll make 'bout 100 million." I'm paraphrasing, so cut me some slack on the numbers. I will post the video when I find it.

It would not and floyd shouldnt fight him anyway. When maidana can out size you and effectively (though not enough to win) use it against you. No reason to fight a giant MW. Manny was a boogey man whom was murdering guys whom showed aome adversity with floyd. Manny got beat and floyd should bask in it. Fight a final fight that makes easy money and retire.
Exactly! Floyd already said his next fight will be against someone he wants to fight. He said he'll be a solid competitor, though.

Floyd has no reason to fight GGG and the critics still would hate. So,it's pointless
Enough said, case closed.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Basically the consensus here is that putting him up against GGG and promoting it as "Mayweather's most dangerous opponent yet" wouldn't be any different then putting him up against Thurman under the same guise. I think Mayweather beats both but is more likely to take truly punishing shots against GGG. Putting him against GGG is like Rocky vs Drago or trying to beat that dude at the end of Fight Night Champion . . It would be a great notch under his belt though, but personally I'd rather see him take Kell Brook's belt and snatch someone else's zero before retiring after a 50th fight next year. I believe him acting like he's retiring at 49 and 0 is just a marketing ploy for the next fight. Too much money will be on the table for the 50th fight, not just the number and it truly being his final fight but because he would actually be free to negotiate a new deal and with in-roads made on network television Mayweather Promotions and Al Haymon could make a lot of money with a prime time event of Super Bowl proportions

you are a smart man sir. I hope he takes on an undefeated boxer next.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
I don't want to see this fight. Even if GGG says he is willing to drop weight, he recently said he is probably moving up to 168. 154 would put him at too much at a disadvantage and he doesn't belong there. I would rather him move to 168 and fight ward.