I have no idea what the purpose of the NBA in-season tournament is.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
The anti tourney agenda already lost
Players care about it and it’s given us some of the more exciting games so far this year
I can see rivalries develop if it remains a thing cause I feel some way about the pacers and cavs beating my team and putting us at risk of not making the knock out stage when going in I thought it was a forgone conclusion

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
We already got the Draymond chokehold and CP3 calling Scott Foster a bytch out of these cup games and we not even out of pool play yet :hubie: . The Vegas games will be hype, just watch

People complaining about the tournament just wanna be seen on some contrarian shyt. Fans have nothing to lose by replacing a few regular season games with tournament ones
Oh yes, they care about the tournament SO much, that they're getting themselves thrown out of the games :unimpressed:

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
To prevent load management and have competitiveness early in the season instead of going all out after all star weekend.

:mjgrin:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The anti tourney agenda already lost
Players care about it and it’s given us some of the more exciting games so far this year
I can see rivalries develop if it remains a thing cause I feel some way about the pacers and cavs beating my team and putting us at risk of not making the knock out stage when going in I thought it was a forgone conclusion

Exactly. Suns were on the brink of getting eliminated from pool play a few nights ago which made their game against Utah way more meaningful because not only did they have to win to stay in, but they had to run up that point differential to give them a better chance of advancing. Also made the result of the Lakers/Jazz matchup more meaningful to me as a Suns fan because that affects the team as well.

Without the tournament I would not have gave a single fukk about any Utah jazz game in November. same with their grizzlies game on Friday. Even tho they should win against an injured team, they still have to dominate and run up the differential to make it to the tournament which adds another wrinkle to what would’ve normally been a non-eventful game against a losing, injured team.

The fans have nothing to lose and everything to gain with the tournament IMO. shyt if anything you’re getting MORE as a fan because of the extra cup game in Vegas, which I’m sure will have a playoff-like atmosphere

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
The NBA can do whatever after this tourney all they have to do is add a dope incentive maybe a million per player on winning team.The tourney is a success regardless. Im not saying the playoffs doesnt have intensity but a winner takes all game nothing beats that.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Exactly. Suns were on the brink of getting eliminated from pool play a few nights ago which made their game against Utah way more meaningful because not only did they have to win to stay in, but they had to run up that point differential to give them a better chance of advancing. Also made the result of the Lakers/Jazz matchup more meaningful to me as a Suns fan because that affects the team as well.

Without the tournament I would not have gave a single fukk about any Utah jazz game in November. same with their grizzlies game on Friday. Even tho they should win against an injured team, they still have to dominate and run up the differential to make it to the tournament which adds another wrinkle to what would’ve normally been a non-eventful game against a losing, injured team.

The fans have nothing to lose and everything to gain with the tournament IMO. shyt if anything you’re getting MORE as a fan because of the extra cup game in Vegas, which I’m sure will have a playoff-like atmosphere
Exactly

It's not like the league is taking anything away to do this tournament, too many people's default setting is to hate/complain about shyt even if there's no real downside to it

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
If they guarantee a top 10 draft pick to the winner it would be more interesting

Players aren't going to play hard for their replacement but like I said before, there needs to be something in there for the fans. Even if it's an automatic playoff spot.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The purpose is to get the fans talking about the sport and tuning in , I think :hubie:

I haven't minded it, haven't much cared either. Some of the courts are a bit loud I guess.
But in fairness, we haven't reached the "Winner takes all" aspect of the tourney yet either so who knows how much things may heat up.

And these young teams are competing boi, so it's compelling in that right just on its own.

Good luck,gotta come better than that when its football season:blessed:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
^^ That graphic sums up why the tournament is silly. It’s not ‘win or go home’. It’s win or continue the rest of your season fighting for the real title.

It’s gonna be legit disgusting to see them raise a non-title trophy, crown a ‘tournament’ mvp, etc. Just gross

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
^^ That graphic sums up why the tournament is silly. It’s not ‘win or go home’. It’s win or continue the rest of your season fighting for the real title.

It’s gonna be legit disgusting to see them raise a non-title trophy, crown a ‘tournament’ mvp, etc. Just gross
LeBron now only needs to win two of these to tie Jordan's 6 rings :troll: