I wish the the bullshyt would stop with job interviews

HeavyTheDon

Banned
Daps
I swear I was about to make a thread pertaining to this earlier. In Atlanta black men are being phased out by not only gay black men but c00n black gay men. That fulfills their black quota, their gay agenda, and they don't have to watch their fukking mouths are effeminate black men.

I have two jobs and I'm surrounded by gays, tranny's, and wenches.

Last edited:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
The entire setup is fake as hell. Trying to tap dance for a job even though you're overqualified. :dahell:

I just had a job interview with two white women (in Atlanta) for a marketing position for a professional association. I was the first interview (from what they said)... and received a "position filled" email in less than 24 hours :sadbron: :what: :birdman:

Is it me or are they only hiring the Black dudes that are feminine or wont speak their minds or look like the cornball type?

I have a degree and a father so im not gonna be going into interviews flimsy and on some thankya suh to be here-type shyt

I agree. my wife recently had an interview with a university here and she will have a PHd in a couple months (already has bachelors and masters) and despite being overqualified, they wasted her time cuz they already had internal candidates picked out in the first place. :pacspit:

Last edited:

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Sometimes when you are a wolf you have to put on the sheep's clothes to achieve your objective.

Think about it like this- if the ends justify the means, then do what you gotta do. Just because you front for an interview does not seduce your dignity, unless your dignity and definition are that low to be impacted by some people who matter nothing to your life.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Like folks said....it's sad as fuk but u have to be fake and personable to get a lot of these jobs. Plus with marketing and sales...u need to have decent to excellent social skills. Some jobs in a field like IT may not require folks with bubbly and extroverted personalities but marketing and sales pretty much do. I know dealing with the BS from folks especially cacs is a pain but u gotta deal with it.

Another thing that was mentioned...u gotta know how to play the game. Dealing with folks especially cacs is part of it. Us black men are heavily stereotyped. It's like we cant act super masculine because that can come off as hood or ghetto. We can't be too introverted and aloof because people will wonder what's going on with us. We can't look too urban...meaning no dreds, Rick Ross beards, no conspicuous tattoos, no gaudy or hood clothing even on dress down Friday, no excessive piercings, etc. We can't or I should say shouldn't look too threatening or hood then cacs will refer to us as an unsavory element. We gotta look the part and act the part. We gotta be sociable but not too sociable where we talking about non work related shyt during work hours all the time. It's all about balance and knowing how the game works and how to correctly play the game.

And last for OP..if they just interviewing u to fill a HR quota for number of interviews and have no intentions of hiring u because they already have an internal candidate lined up....FUK THEM! I hate that BS because people seriously need a job and they wasting folks time doing this. The only thing u can benefit from is interviewing experience and maybe a contact...but again it wastes ur time. Companies do this often.

Last edited:

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
The entire setup is fake as hell. Trying to tap dance for a job even though you're overqualified. :dahell:

I just had a job interview with two white women (in Atlanta) for a marketing position for a professional association. I was the first interview (from what they said)... and received a "position filled" email in less than 24 hours :sadbron: :what: :birdman:

Is it me or are they only hiring the Black dudes that are feminine or wont speak their minds or look like the cornball type?

I have a degree and a father so im not gonna be going into interviews flimsy and on some thankya suh to be here-type shyt

Want to go very deep into this after i mow these lawns.

But the formulaic and cookie-cutter-approach to landing a job is quite possibly, albeit not the only, but the easiest way to land a job.

They don't want big picture people who don't think out of the box. If you come off even with an ounce of anything too unorthodox or unconventional... you'll be deemed radical and potentially "untrainable".

For the past couple months, i've been applying for jobs that i believed i was capable of and competent of carrying out. Reality hit me real fast and even though Seattle's economy is strong as shiit and unemployment is lower than a dropped 83 camaro on blad's... it also means its attracting talent from every pool in the planet and competition is as stiff as this morning wood.

Then i realized i would be going against the most robotic and run-of-the-mill candidates every; while perfect for companies... i won't necessarily suit their culture cuz i'm too unusual for their criterium.

With that said... i've decided to go back to my old job as a body shop manager. Yeah, it's a small time gig, but at least i'm working for somebody i know, who's an entrepreneur and not being ass fukked by white corporate america; it's a place where i'm free to do as I usually please and even though i wasn't making more than 50 k per physical year... i was generally a very happy person.

To all the HR people in the world... the fukk you think you know me based on a resume/cv/cover letter?

I'll got a ton of qualities that i can't simply exemplify on paper or even a gawt damned interview. I'm like a chia pet to any company... water me with task and put me around people ---- and watch a mothafukka grow with excellence and lushness of life and character.

All i wanted was a platform to prove that i harness more all around skills and ability to adapt, grow and thrive in any environment.

The city didn't want me. Boeing wanted me to fly my own ass to into bolivia. Amazon didn't consider and suggested I jump off into a jungle and find my own way out.

It's tough out here. Irregardless of how talented you are, what you've experienced and what you've achieved and what you think you can bring to a table, sans the cutlery... if that HR person/team is lazy and don't want to get to know awesome people... you, the applicant... are fukked.

With all the resumes and entries they receive on a daily basis... it's easy to be overlooked.

Word to keenan ivory wayans...

it's a true - low down dirty.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
It had to have been an internal candidate. I hate wasting my time

that internal candidate bullshyt is the WORST. they got cats taking time off work to come interview for some shyt they don't have a snowball's chance in hell cuz they already have their own person picked out in the first place.

they should make it illegal to even post those jobs in the first place.

HeavyTheDon

Banned
Daps
Cot damn.
I work with a fakkit that calls every white male he comes into contact with, Mr. or sir no matter how young but won't even acknowledge a black person by their name. A white even noticed it and tried to act like he was just weird instead of admitting the fruit cake was kissing white ass.

Last edited: