In a clean swap, who would have got the Knicks in the playoffs in place of Melo?

Who's gettin them that 8 seed?

• Curry

Votes: 63 42.0%
  • Lebron

Votes: 135 90.0%
  • Durant

Votes: 70 46.7%
  • Westbrook

Votes: 45 30.0%
  • Kawhi

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Harden

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • Cousins

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • CP3

Votes: 30 20.0%
  • John Wall

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Paul George

Votes: 27 18.0%
  • Lillard

Votes: 18 12.0%
  • Other (name in post)

Votes: 7 4.7%

• Total voters
Daps
I don't know about Paul George. His team just slipped into the playoffs and the Knicks have even less talent than them. Plus the Knicks are being forced into that triangle offense. But it's arguable, I guess.
Being around the 6,7,8 seed all season isn't "slipping in", slipping in is being out of the play off picture, going on a run and barely making it. The question was who could get the Knicks to the playoffs, seeding has nothing to do with it

Daps
Being around the 6,7,8 seed all season isn't "slipping in", slipping in is being out of the play off picture, going on a run and barely making it. The question was who could get the Knicks to the playoffs, seeding has nothing to do with it

First of all how are you going to tell me what MY definition of slipping in is? Lol As if there is some universally accepted defintion. The point is they were like 2-3 games from being on the outside looking in. How they got to that point doesn't matter. It just means they were consistently average throughout the season... instead of being good then bad or bad and then good... or just wildly inconsistent.

With that said, the point is that if you put him on a worse team with a worse coach he MAY not make the playoffs considering he is on a better team and only ended up as a 7 seed... it's a pretty simple concept really.

Daps
First of all how are you going to tell me what MY definition of slipping in is? Lol As if there is some universally accepted defintion. The point is they were like 2-3 games from being on the outside looking in. How they got to that point doesn't matter. It just means they were consistently average throughout the season... instead of being good then bad or bad and then good... or just wildly inconsistent.

With that said, the point is that if you put him on a worse team with a worse coach he MAY not make the playoffs considering he is on a better team and only ended up as a 7 seed... it's a pretty simple concept really.

They were consistently good enough to be in position for the playoffs all season:mjlol:, there was never a question if they would make the playoffs bro so no matter what definition of "slipping in" you have, it doesn't apply

Daps
They were consistently good enough to be in position for the playoffs all season:mjlol:, there was never a question if they would make the playoffs bro so no matter what definition of "slipping in" you have, it doesn't apply

What?
If they're hovering around the 7th or 8th seed, there is no question of whether they'll end up making the playoffs or not? That's not accurate. You are literally a couple losses away from not making the playoffs in that scenario. There is a team almost every that does that and ends up not making the playoffs. You know, like Chicago or Utah this year. Or like the Knicks 2 years ago (probably a better example)

Man, do they still have critical thinking classes in school?

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Curry,Lebron, Kawhi, PG, Durant could lead this team to the playoffs. Ya know actual superstars. But I'll wait for the usual suspects to tell me about Melo's rebounding and new and improved passing. :mjlol::troll:

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LeBron , KD, George

This is the correct answer to me. I think Kawhi might be able to get it done too, but these are by far the top 3. Lebron and PG are the best choices IMO because they are the two who would bring enough to the table on both sides of the ball to really affect the team all around.

This is also what separates Lebron from Curry to me. Curry is incredible at what he does, I've seen him do things offensively that no one's ever done before especially not as consistently, but Melo's main deficiencies aren't on offense, so what's Curry bring to the table over Melo? A few more pts a game and getting other people involved more, but the rest of the team isn't good enough to do much with that newfound level of opportunity, and Curry wouldn't elevate them AT ALL on the defensive side of the ball.

Not saying he definitely couldn't get it done cause who knows what he could bring out of people that Melo has failed to do thus far, but taking it at face value I don't think he could.

Last edited:

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LeBron and Curry get them to a top 4 seed in the east by themselves, they are the 2 players on that list that make anyone a title contender immediately. Even the Knicks D-League squad can't keep them out of the top 4.

Paul George when he is completely healthy.

John Wall could not even lead the wizards with decent pieces around him to the playoffs. Gortat will be the best player on the Knicks outside of Melo EASILY.

Curry is yet to prove that he can make any team he's on a contender, and he may never get the chance, or need to prove that he can and if that's the case great for him. What he's done so far has been amazing, but he has one of the best all around teams around him in NBA history. I was watching them earlier and the last guys in their rotation would start on most teams, and could start on contending teams if the situation was ideal for their skillset.