In a clean swap, who would have got the Knicks in the playoffs in place of Melo?

Who's gettin them that 8 seed?

• Curry

Votes: 63 42.0%
  • Lebron

Votes: 135 90.0%
  • Durant

Votes: 70 46.7%
  • Westbrook

Votes: 45 30.0%
  • Kawhi

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Harden

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • Cousins

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • CP3

Votes: 30 20.0%
  • John Wall

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Paul George

Votes: 27 18.0%
  • Lillard

Votes: 18 12.0%
  • Other (name in post)

Votes: 7 4.7%

• Total voters

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Curry LeBron Durant Leonard

I think Lowry would also this season but I know that's a really controversial pick. Especially today (he stunk it up in game 1)

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It doesn't matter who you switch with Melo.

If the Knicks insist on the goddamn triangle and don't let their PGs get creative and run more pick and rolls, they're going to lose no matter who they run out there.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
I changed it to main deficiencies.

No one can deny he's an elite scorer, and what Curry does on offense that Melo can't I listed in my post.

He's an elite scorer if you consider volume meaningful...which it isnt.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's an elite scorer if you consider volume meaningful...which it isnt.

Holy shyt I didn't even realize he only averaged 21.8 pts a game this season. I concede that he's definitely not an elite scorer at this point. But I still did allude to what Curry would bring to the table over Melo. I don't think the supporting cast would be able to capitalize on what Curry brings to the table enough considering that on defense they wouldn't get any better at all.

Now moving forward with Porzingis' development they'd eventually get there between those 2, but as constructed now, I don't see it.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
Holy shyt I didn't even realize he only averaged 21.8 pts a game this season. I concede that he's definitely not an elite scorer anymore. But I still did allude to what Curry would bring to the table over Melo. I don't think the supporting cast would be able to capitalize on what Curry brings to the table enough considering that on defense they wouldn't get any better at all.

Now moving forward with Porzingis' development they'd eventually get there between those 2, but as constructed now, I don't see it.

Curry shooting whatever insane number from 3 he did this season will carry over to any squad assuming they pass and move without the ball...he's easily the best player in the league right now.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Curry is yet to prove that he can make any team he's on a contender, and he may never get the chance, or need to prove that he can and if that's the case great for him. What he's done so far has been amazing, but he has one of the best all around teams around him in NBA history. I was watching them earlier and the last guys in their rotation would start on most teams, and could start on contending teams if the situation was ideal for their skillset.
He is the best shooter of all time with great dribbling and passing ability. I am pretty sure he can take any team in the east to a top 4 seed. Championship? Maybe, maybe not. But I am inclined to say that he can even with the Knicks shytty roster.

Bron, Durant, Curry and George are the only ones on this list that make sense. Everyone else...nah. Westbrook will get close, but he is too ball dominant and has his dumbazz moments. Westbrook will need an AI like situation in where the team is specifically built around him in order to succeed and get to a finals.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Curry shooting whatever insane number from 3 he did this season will carry over to any squad assuming they pass and move without the ball...he's easily the best player in the league right now.

Best player is tricky. Is Cleveland better if you put Curry in Lebron's place? I don't think there's anyone who could seriously argue in favor of that. Is GS better with Lebron? I don't know but it's an easier argument to make IMO. Curry had the best season, but best player at this point in time depends on their situation in my eyes because there is no hands down best player. Same with KD's MVP season, he had a better year than Lebron, is he the better all around player? I don't think so, and I don't know if anyone could really argue that Lebron is the better all around player. So much comes down to chemistry and all the other intangibles.

Last edited:

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He is the best shooter of all time with great dribbling and passing ability. I am pretty sure he can take any team in the east to a top 4 seed. Championship? Maybe, maybe not. But I am inclined to say that he can even with the Knicks shytty roster.

Bron, Durant, Curry and George are the only ones on this list that make sense. Everyone else...nah. Westbrook will get close, but he is too ball dominant and has his dumbazz moments. Westbrook will need an AI like situation in where the team is specifically built around him in order to succeed and get to a finals.

I'm not questioning Curry's talent in the least bit, but he hasn't proven that he can make any team he's on a contender, only Lebron has proven that as of right now.

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I'm not questioning Curry's talent in the least bit, but he hasn't proven that he can make any team he's on a contender, only Lebron has proven that as of right now.
It's a hypothetical thread breh.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a hypothetical thread breh.

I know it is, but you stated as though it was fact that Curry and Lebron are the only players that will without a doubt make any team they're on an instant contender. Curry has never done that, or had to do it, in his career.