Is a treadmill all you need to lose weight?

Daps
Can a homie really lose weight if he only uses a treadmill

i got too many bills to afford a gym and buy weights :sad: i know

but, my uncle got a decent treadmill he gonna give to me to put in my crib. How much weight could i lose just running on that bytch each night (or morning)

i know alot about healty eating but im a complete beginner to weights and lifting. I figured it aint too hard to run on a treadmill each day

i still want to buy my own treadmill. how do they run? and no, im not paying $1000 for one

xfl_fat_man.jpg

Young_and_Reckless

Is better than you...
Daps
Reppin
Syrup City, Texas
Treadmill ain't going to do shyt. Half of losing weight is DIET. If you want to cut weight, do some sprints, weight lifting (even if it's a cheap set you buy at the house), but mainly diet and maintenance.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
losing weight is all about creating a caloric deficit

losing fat is about being a in a deficit and preserving muscle mass via some sort of strength training

if it was me: pushups, pullups, sprints, and high jumps and some other shyt + watching what you eat(calories)

ill tell you this much tho, if you was real about "healthy eating" you probably wouldnt be asking this question

reanalyze that cause it took months before i realized how bad i was eating

2jg5kz9.gif

Daps
Treadmill ain't going to do shyt. Half of losing weight is DIET. If you want to cut weight, do some sprints, weight lifting (even if it's a cheap set you buy at the house), but mainly diet and maintenance.

im currently on a diet but im not seeing much results because of zero cardio however, i did hear lifting weights helps alot more.

Whats a good suggestion for an average set of weights i need with a reasonable price?

Young_and_Reckless

Is better than you...
Daps
Reppin
Syrup City, Texas
Lifting weights will help simply because having more muscle burns fat...even when those muscles are resting..

Honestly, you don't need to buy a complicated weight set. You can do just about everything you need with a simple dumbbell set of 15, 20, 25, and 30 pds. You can do a variation of exercise for chest, back, legs, arms, etc. But you have to learn the variations of exercises and get off your ass and DO IT. Only you can make the shyt happen. No one else kid.

semtex

:)
Daps
nikkas treat exercise equipment like magic lamps. how good it works depends on YOU.

do burpees if you a fat nikka.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See about a used elliptical machine. Less stress on the joints. But yeah, cutting calories out structurally is the most important thing. I dropped a few pounds over the last months but i was never crazy heavy. Went from about 205 to 185 by walking daily for an hour a day but after a while you get bored so a machine at home may be better, you can watch some TV or some shyt. Write a schedule and stick to it, helps stay motivated. I also did push-ups, pull-ups, plank and side plank (look it up) and squats once a day too get stronger and fitter. Four days on one day off to rest the body but also to stay motivated because overdoing it is why people tend to give up.
Cutting soft drinks out completely helped a lot, i used to drink about 500 kc's a day worth of soda and a grown man is said to need 2000 (that's for a normal lifestyle, i believe today it should be a little lower) so 500 kc is 25% right there. I started drinking light to compensate n/h

LastKING_BLU

last king killing ****
Daps
Reppin
westside
thats how i lost 30-40lbs

run 20+min then hit them weights 3-4x a week. cut out the soda and junk food and you are good

wise prophet

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

losing weight is all about creating a caloric deficit

losing fat is about being a in a deficit and preserving muscle mass via some sort of strength training

if it was me: pushups, pullups, sprints, and high jumps and some other shyt + watching what you eat(calories)

ill tell you this much tho, if you was real about "healthy eating" you probably wouldnt be asking this question

reanalyze that cause it took months before i realized how bad i was eating

2jg5kz9.gif

:win:

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Just eat less. You don't need to lift at all to lose weight, you just gotta cut calories either through diet or exercise. You only need a treadmill to do that. But if you're fat and just run to lose weight and don't lift you'll end up with a lot of loose skin. You need the weightlifting to shape your body.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
I lost 40 pounds running. If you get at least an hour three times a week you will lose the weight. Especially if you change your diet.