Is Chemistry Stronger Than Physical Attraction?

Daps
Reppin
X
Or do you consider them one in the same? Do you think there's such a thing as chemistry at all?

I don't consider myself a very shallow person. I see a lot of people I would objectively consider good looking, but rarely ever feel any attraction to them. And I don't really like when people are attracted to me based on looks. Almost two years ago I ran into this woman at a workshop I was taking (and ended up leaving). There wasn't anything I noticed about the way she looked at all, but after every encounter I was like :dwillhuh:

Of course, with my luck, she ended up becoming friends with my mother:stopitslime:. The more I heard her talk about her the more intrigued :lupe: I was. It got so bad I asked my momma to feed me info on her:damn:

She was like "well she's probably in her early 40s:skip:and I think she may be:mjpls:but go for it:ehh:"

:beli:
So I pretty much forgot about her:duck:except when she pops on Facebook friend suggestions:noah:
But what's that about, feeling a connection like that? Is it chemistry? Is it voodoo:usure:? I mean, how does attraction work for you? Has anyone else been in a similar position? What did you do about it?

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Chemistry is most attractive to me. I ended up hooked on a :flabbynsick: lightskin blasian because of a mix of chemistry and good D. Gave me an appreciation for teddy bears.

Chemistry will have me overlooking certain physical traits because I enjoy spending time with that person and that is where most of the value lies.

Daps
Reppin
X
Chemistry is most attractive to me. I ended up hooked on a :flabbynsick: lightskin blasian because of a mix of chemistry and good D. Gave me an appreciation for teddy bears.

Chemistry will have me overlooking certain physical traits because I enjoy spending time with that person and that is where most of the value lies.
Do you generally have a type that you look for or are attracted to? And did you feel a vibe before you first met or did you just hit it off after the fact?

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Or do you consider them one in the same? Do you think there's such a thing as chemistry at all?

I don't consider myself a very shallow person. I see a lot of people I would objectively consider good looking, but rarely ever feel any attraction to them. And I don't really like when people are attracted to me based on looks. Almost two years ago I ran into this woman at a workshop I was taking (and ended up leaving). There wasn't anything I noticed about the way she looked at all, but after every encounter I was like :dwillhuh:

Of course, with my luck, she ended up becoming friends with my mother:stopitslime:. The more I heard her talk about her the more intrigued :lupe: I was. It got so bad I asked my momma to feed me info on her:damn:

She was like "well she's probably in her early 40s:skip:and I think she may be:mjpls:but go for it:ehh:"

:beli:
So I pretty much forgot about her:duck:except when she pops on Facebook friend suggestions:noah:
But what's that about, feeling a connection like that? Is it chemistry? Is it voodoo:usure:? I mean, how does attraction work for you? Has anyone else been in a similar position? What did you do about it?

You're attracted to 40 year old women lol? :patrice: How old are you?

For me personally, there has to be a lot of physical attraction. I've been in situations where me and a girl click really well, but she doesn't do it for me at all on a physical level (either too fat or too skinny). Perhaps this sort of thing is different for men tho.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Do you generally have a type that you look for or are attracted to? And did you feel a vibe before you first met or did you just hit it off after the fact?
I love #midnightboyz with nice smiles. I love fit bodies, chinky eyes. I like girls with short cuts, I like men with hair.

But who I end up with is always different than "my type". I need someone who can hold a conversation, has a positive attitude, is aggressive/assertive with how he shows interest in me and affectionate. These things are more important and if I find someone with those traits as long as the look good in general, it's a go. I just can't be with someone I have no attraction to.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
She's a black woman:pachaha:she doesn't look like she's in her 40s (neither does my mother, for that matter:obama:). I legit had no idea how old she was. It wasn't until she told this story about going to her high school prom in 1994 (I was 8/9 years old in 94 :dead:) that it became clear. Physically she's pretty small/toned/short and not very curvy (actually, let me amend that, she has a nice ass/slight hips but she's a member of the IBTC). She's a dancer. On paper her physical isn't that appealing to me...I showed my cousin a video I filmed of/for her and he spent the whole time pointing out her flaws and thin lips:heh: and even still I was like :lupe:

There are things I like objectively, like I'm sure you do, full lips, hips, etc. but they're not dealbreakers. Maybe it is a little different with men.

Black don't crack, so that makes sense...but for some reason I thought you were talking about a 40 year old white woman :laugh:. Women regardless of sexuality do seem to place less emphasis on physical traits compared to men...that's interesting. :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
X
Black don't crack, so that makes sense...but for some reason I thought you were talking about a 40 year old white woman :laugh:. Women regardless of sexuality do seem to place less emphasis on physical traits compared to men...that's interesting. :ehh:

full

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
She's a black woman:pachaha:she doesn't look like she's in her 40s (neither does my mother, for that matter:obama:). I legit had no idea how old she was. It wasn't until she told this story about going to her high school prom in 1994 (I was 8/9 years old in 94 :dead:) that it became clear. Physically she's pretty small/toned/short and not very curvy (actually, let me amend that, she has a nice ass/slight hips but she's a member of the IBTC). She's a dancer. On paper her physical isn't that appealing to me...I showed my cousin a video I filmed of/for her and he spent the whole time pointing out her flaws and thin lips:heh: and even still I was like :lupe:

There are things I like objectively, like I'm sure you do, full lips, hips, etc. but they're not dealbreakers. Maybe it is a little different with men.
:mindblown: You're 30? How? You look 19. Dat melanin. :banderas: