Is Chemistry Stronger Than Physical Attraction?

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Personally, my first thought was no it isn't, because even with good chemistry, I'd have to find a woman at least somewhat physically attractive to be interested in her. I can't see myself dealing with a woman I have zero attraction to.

On the other hand, I've got my ideal physical "type" like everyone does, yet I've always ended up with women who didn't quite match that because the chemistry we had made them a lot more attractive to me. I'm not overly picky when it comes to the physical (a face that won't spook me in the morning, "ok" body and great chemistry? Sign me up :feedme:)

Even when it's a more casual thing, I have to at least stand being around her. So for me, as long as there's some basic level of attraction, I'm cool, but the chemistry definitely has to be there on some level.

thewiz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I think they are most times they are attracted to the person physically but try to save face because they know their friends like :russ:, they themselves aren't that hot themselves, and or desperate. That's what I think of any cat talking about they dated somebody they weren't attracted to but the personality won them over. Bullshyt.

Lol yeah I've definitely seen this. I was never the type to clown one of my boys joints. I might hit em with that :scust: really fam but that's it.. that's on them

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
chemistry is sooooo important to me
it's actually everything to me
I've had some intense feelings for people who were...not good looking
hell I've even been swayed by a dude before because I was so comfortable and happy when we hung out and I really liked his personality (he was gay tho, with a real feminine energy)

Daps
Reppin
X
Personally, my first thought was no it isn't, because even with good chemistry, I'd have to find a woman at least somewhat physically attractive to be interested in her. I can't see myself dealing with a woman I have zero attraction to.

On the other hand, I've got my ideal physical "type" like everyone does, yet I've always ended up with women who didn't quite match that because the chemistry we had made them a lot more attractive to me. I'm not overly picky when it comes to the physical (a face that won't spook me in the morning, "ok" body and great chemistry? Sign me up :feedme:)

Even when it's a more casual thing, I have to at least stand being around her. So for me, as long as there's some basic level of attraction, I'm cool, but the chemistry definitely has to be there on some level.

This is pretty much it for me right here. When I was younger people would ask my type and I'd be like models (but no pointy elbows):troll:
But now, meeting a decent looking woman with a nice smile, positive vibes and crazy good chemistry can feel like :blessed:

Growing up and maturing:wow:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
This is pretty much it for me right here. When I was younger people would ask my type and I'd be like models (but no pointy elbows):troll:
But now, meeting a decent looking woman with a nice smile, positive vibes and crazy good chemistry can feel like :blessed:

Growing up and maturing:wow:
Yep maturity does change up your views on love.

Daps
Reppin
X
Yep maturity does change up your views on love.
:sadcam: Might as well own it since we're all going to be :flabbynsick: one day
iyFTMN020mIjn.gif

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Lol yeah I've definitely seen this. I was never the type to clown one of my boys joints. I might hit em with that :scust: really fam but that's it.. that's on them
Same here but dudes still know when they got that type of girl their boys going to be like :scust: So they low key try to play it off by saying its personality or my favorite she got a fat ass dog. That don't make up for that face though but like you said if they happy I'm happy for them.

Daps
Reppin
X
chemistry is sooooo important to me
it's actually everything to me
I've had some intense feelings for people who were...not good looking
hell I've even been swayed by a dude before because I was so comfortable and happy when we hung out and I really liked his personality (he was gay tho, with a real feminine energy)
tumblr_m2p00rRyjY1qclvero1_250.gif

Do you feel like you're attracted to people and their personalities rather than sex/looks/gender/race? Do you identify as anything in particular?

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
tumblr_m2p00rRyjY1qclvero1_250.gif

Do you feel like you're attracted to people and their personalities rather than sex/looks/gender/race? Do you identify as anything in particular?
I really like femininity
like gentleness/softness, with that passive wittiness
the dude just happened to have that vibe
I like black women but I don't get "serious" if I don't like her personality
I said this before but I look at people a lot, I really like how people look in general, theres something appealing about most forms, even if they aren't especially beautiful
humans don't vary that much imo
I'm really avoidant of intimacy so peoples looks really aren't enough to make me want to be with them :laugh:

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
To some people, I feel that chemistry does involve looks - usually a particular look that the individual is attracted to rather than the same look.

For a lot of people chemistry will involve a number of different things, and in quite a few cases, that won't involve looks. Hence the new prevalence of terms like Demisexual and Sapiosexual - in which case physical attraction is not a byproduct of appearance but rather a meeting of the minds or emotional bond. It's intriguing to examine the nuances of physical attraction as it's more complex than people would realize! :russ:

Spike Tarantino

Esposa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Filfee Nasteh Duddy Souf
Over the years I've come to find out I'm on that sapiosexual wave like @PlutoEighth mentioned, without a doubt.

I actually married a dude I was not sexually attracted to When I was much younger.:skip: I was in IT at the time, he had the :ohlawd: troubleshooting skills and was genuinely sweet and charming.

Looking back on every relationship I've had with maybe one exception, my attraction came as a result of having good conversations and finding out compatible aspects of their personality over time.

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
Over the years I've come to find out I'm on that sapiosexual wave like @PlutoEighth mentioned, without a doubt.

I actually married a dude I was not sexually attracted to When I was much younger.:skip: I was in IT at the time, he had the :ohlawd: troubleshooting skills and was genuinely sweet and charming.

Looking back on every relationship I've had with maybe one exception, my attraction came as a result of having good conversations and finding out compatible aspects of their personality over time.
is there a gender identity that you respond to more than others??