Is It Weird That Modern Disney Has Done NOTHING With Mickey Mouse?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
how could they forget about their mascot who put them on the map in the first place? :dwillhuh:

can't the man get his own movie in this day & age? :dwillhuh:

disgustya at the disrespect towards mickey breh :scusthov:

walt-disney-mickey-mouse-classic_a-G-9067566-0.jpg

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Let's be reality. Once Warner Bros came out with Bugs Bunny. Mickey Mouse became outdated. Think about it. Disney made Mickey a character that only appeals to kids under 8. Hell remember when Capcom made those Mickey Mouse video games for Sega and Super Ninendo. They would be too intense for kids now.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Like @Paper Boi said.

I used to think the same until I got kids. Mickey is ALL OVER the Disney parks, channel and brand, all up in the videos, dancing. He has multiple shows.

His audience is a bit too young to really make a dent in the box office, but tv and merch I'm willing to bet he's still making money.

Last edited:

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Cosign. Like others have said though, dude is still central to the company though but more for the younger crowd.

I don't trust folks who don't like Mickey Mouse.

Last edited:

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
Like @Paper Boi said.

I used to think the same until I got kids. Mickey is ALL OVER the Disney channel and brand, all up in the videos, dancing. He has multiple shows.

His audience is a bit too young to really make a dent in the box office, but tv and merch I'm willing to bet he's still making money.

these random ass hip hop references kill me man :laugh: