Is It Weird That Modern Disney Has Done NOTHING With Mickey Mouse?

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
technically OP mickey hasn't really had his own flick since fantasia...
I mean yeah, they got the mickeys Christmas Carol and etc but he never really held a flick on his own.

he on Disney and Disney Jr ALL day.... mickey mouse clubhouse, the mickey mouse show, mickey and the racers... He just isn't the type of IP that warrants his own MOVIE...

edit:
Mickey has been announced to star in two films. One is a live-action/CGI hybrid film based on the Magic Kingdom theme park at the Walt Disney World Resort,[105] while the other is a film idea pitched by Walt Disney Animation Studios veteran Burny Mattinson centering on Mickey, Donald, and Goofy.[39]

Selected short films
Full-length films
Television series

Last edited:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I actually read recently that Walt Disney actually HATED Goofy and could not stand the character. He even considered getting rid of him, but Goofy was a big money maker and he was keeping the studio animators working consistently, which was definitely what Walt wanted, so he reluctantly kept Goofy around.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he's not for the era. A 2018 mickey movie for anyone other than small kids would be some dystopian shyt.

shyt would be all fugly cgi with brown "dark n gritty" environments to replace all the color.

Donald would be turned into a tranny and goofy a homo just because.

At the end of the of the movie mickey will be unceremoniously killed off and replaced with minny in all future works.

I can see it now "Mickey 2018: The quest for a safe space"

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how could they forget about their mascot who put them on the map in the first place? :dwillhuh:

can't the man get his own movie in this day & age? :dwillhuh:

disgustya at the disrespect towards mickey breh :scusthov:

walt-disney-mickey-mouse-classic_a-G-9067566-0.jpg
How well did that loony toons movie do again?

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
Someone recently pointed out that Mickey has never actually been in a full length theatrically released animated film starring himself. He's been in cartoon shorts, and he's had segments and cameos in other films, but never in a film from front to end with him in it. I literally hit the :ohhh: because he turned 90 this year, and that's kind of amazing to me.

You know who really has fell off? I'm sorry to say this, but it's Bugs Bunny. Seriously. In 1993, Cartoon Network aired a Bugs Bunny marathon called June Bugs and it was briefly the most watched thing in the country and he was everywhere in the 90's. I'd dare say that he was even more popular than Mickey, and if he wasn't, it was very close. Everyone knew who Bugs was. However, if you ask a kid who Bugs is today and you'll probably get hit with the :yeshrug: *sighs*:to:
Looney tunes back in action fukked it up

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
So nobody’s niece and nephews but mine only watch mickeys playhouse nor mickeys roadster racers? I have spent soooo much money on toys from these two shows and pj mask:russ:

But Mickey shouldn't only be geared towards kids. Entire families, yes, but not just children. That's where they're fukking up. Mickey was all-ages.