Is It Weird That Modern Disney Has Done NOTHING With Mickey Mouse?

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Nah breh. Something aint right about dude. Dude never married fine ass Minnie, never ever got her preggo and this dude wearing some suspect gear with what looks like 2 d*** holes in em. There is just something off about dude. He cant do a major motion picture anymore. Its too suspect. He can only do the disneyland tour thing, best to keep this fruit loop away from the cinemas.
:dead:

Daps
Mickey's def still a big part of the company, but in this reboot everything era, I am kinda surprised they haven't tried to get a blockbuster movie out there

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think it's a little bit of both. He is now more catered toward the youth, and not used as universally as he should. However, he's still their entirety. The fact that so many people aren't aware of how much Mickey is still involved also a sign of them dropping the ball. Mickey isn't just for 1 demographic and they do seem to be missing that. When was the last time they released Fantasia? They could've thrown him in Once Upon a Time.

They have completely thrown Goofy by the wayside, their Trio (Mickey, Donald & Goofy) are hardly ever together, Disney on Ice is carried by the later characters. He's basically corporate now. Even their 90th celebration was underwhelming.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Someone recently pointed out that Mickey has never actually been in a full length theatrically released animated film starring himself. He's been in cartoon shorts, and he's had segments and cameos in other films, but never in a film from front to end with him in it. I literally hit the :ohhh: because he turned 90 this year, and that's kind of amazing to me.

You know who really has fell off? I'm sorry to say this, but it's Bugs Bunny. Seriously. In 1993, Cartoon Network aired a Bugs Bunny marathon called June Bugs and it was briefly the most watched thing in the country and he was everywhere in the 90's. I'd dare say that he was even more popular than Mickey, and if he wasn't, it was very close. Everyone knew who Bugs was. However, if you ask a kid who Bugs is today and you'll probably get hit with the :yeshrug: *sighs*:to:

Last edited: