Jason Derulo is about to be MeToo'ed - is sued for sexual harassment

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Mix business with pleasure

He didn’t even touch her and still got caught
I don’t see where a crime was committed

He didn't really do anything, though. Like, she wasnt underage, he didn't take it or started feeling her up or slipped pills in her drinks or some other shyt these entertainers be doing.

And it sounds like what he did do, other females are on board with, so I dont see the summer jam screen being prepared for him, personally.

In California he kinda did commit a crime.

That is quid pro quo harassment, especially if the contract framed her as an employee or contractor in any capacity.

It's unique to California. I don't even live in California but my firm is scared to death of getting lawsuits out there that they force everybody in the firm, irregardless of position to watch PSA(s) about weird California laws.

There would be a huge fine involved .. Especially if the invitation to dinner was recorded in a text message or social media dm. Even moreso if she could document her declining his advance and subsequently getting less studio time or being dropped

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
That’s the Hollywood game.. promise these women/men fame in exchange for sex.

shyt mad wack and corny. Bet he could have gotten the buns regardless.

Edit: homie ain’t even smash :snoop:

This story is useless LMAO

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Why are brehs still moving like this? :snoop: The "I need to see how dedicated you are :mjlit::shaq::mjgrin:" game is dead. Stop trying to revive it :camby:

Red Money

Pro
Daps
In California he kinda did commit a crime.

That is quid pro quo harassment, especially if the contract framed her as an employee or contractor in any capacity.

It's unique to California. I don't even live in California but my firm is scared to death of getting lawsuits out there that they force everybody in the firm, irregardless of position to watch PSA(s) about weird California laws.

There would be a huge fine involved .. Especially if the invitation to dinner was recorded in a text message or social media dm. Even moreso if she could document her declining his advance and subsequently getting less studio time or being dropped

Private business can fire without cause though. People get fired over the wrong opinion on Israel vs Hamas....what's the difference? Music ain't a government job.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Private business can fire without cause though. People get fired over the wrong opinion on Israel vs Hamas....what's the difference? Music ain't a government job.
I work for a private fortune 200 finance firm. All I can say is that or legal team is so scared of this branch of California law; that they mandate EVERYONE review it irrespective of position. We aren't even based there, but do business there. But still it's big :picard:

So If she can show evidence of a declined invitation and subsequent loss of recording time or fewer mentoring sessions then that's grounds for a huge fine in California. Everything from lost wages/contract-breach, to emotional dmg, to libel/slander, to legal fees.

Countless women have been victimized by higher ups at these entertainment firms necessitating a California-specific response. They put this protections in place because of the film and music industries, but it monkey branched into other ones like finance.

There is a reason why employers go out there way to give women, LGBT, and minorities a P.I.P. it's so they can create a sophisticated legal trail to counter such a lawsuit like this woman is giving, and I highly doubt Derulo was thinking that far, so he'd lose a claim of "at will termination" if she pulls reciepts in court.