Jordan Peele tells ‘Akira’ producers to ‘Get Out’…

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
As far as actors and actresses, many names such as Keanu Reeves, James Franco, Garrett Hedlund, Robert Pattinson, James McAvoy, Andrew Garfield, Chris Pine, Michael Fassbender, Justin Timerlake, Joaquin Phoenix, Keira Knightley, Kristen Stewart, Ezra Miller, Alden Eherenreich, D.J. Cotrona, Logan Marshal Green, Toby Kebbell, Richard Madden, Rami Malek, Michael Pitt, Paul Dano, Alden Ehrenreich and Ken Watanabe (we’ll stop here) have all been considered for roles. Some have dropped out, others are still loosely attached.

All cacs to a man and woman. :scust:If they go ahead and make it, it deserves the exact same fate as 'Ghost In The Shell'

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
People might come at me but this nikka got lucky with Get Out and now he has been hyped up to an unbelievable degree. It kind of reminds me of the director that did Chronicles and how he got hyped up but never delivered.
Get out is far superior to chronicle. chronicle was good but nothing incredible or mind blowing. get out will most likely be considered a horror classic in retrospect.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Akiraa isn't a deep story that needs to have a big budget. What a mistake it will be making that a big budget film.

Film should never be made. No one gives a shyt about tokyo unless vin diesal is driving cars through that bytch
It would need an insane budget due to the environment it's set in alone

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
It would need an insane budget due to the environment it's set in alone
Akira is overrated to me and no director with sense should try to bring it to the silver screen unless he wants it to he the last movie he ever does in this town not called sharknado.

They'd be safer remaking fist of the North star under Legendary films starring a bunch of coc diesal Mma dudes.

Wow I should be working for a movie studio with these ideas.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I do find it troubling that he's going to create a series based on the shyt Blacks had to go through during Jim Crow. Our elders always have to get put up on that Summer Jam screen. Notice how many shows or movies are not made about the Holocaust? It only referenced, and even then, they make the Nazis charismatically evil. Or they will make evil whites into Vampires or Zombies not natural in order to take the sting out of their evil.

There's literally a Holocaust movie made EVERY year. Every year.

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
There's literally a Holocaust movie made EVERY year. Every year.
Read the quote again, I said they only reference it. It's merely a backdrop to a bigger story. What you're probably thinking about are WW2 movies, which they make every year. But there has not been a movie made recently that depicts jews being gassed or burned in ovens or experimented on in some horrific way. If I'm wrong, feel free to provide examples.