Jordan Peele tells ‘Akira’ producers to ‘Get Out’…

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
People might come at me but this nikka got lucky with Get Out and now he has been hyped up to an unbelievable degree. It kind of reminds me of the director that did Chronicles and how he got hyped up but never delivered.

:gucci:

Lucky?

He's had two hits ("Key & Peele" and "Get Out") in two different mediums (TV and movie) that were two different genres (comedy and horror)....there's zero reason to doubt him right now.

And the "Chronicle" comparison is :what: mostly because their respective success levels were never the same.

Fred.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Good point, but how many of those movies did you know about besides Schindler's list and Inglorious b*stards? And I don't consider Inglorious b*stards a holocaust movie, it was a movie about nazi hunters. So while you came with some good info, the fact that a lot of them are documentaries and the fact they included Inglorious b*stards as a holocaust movie makes me wonder how these other movies "depicted" the holocaust. Because I highly doubt in "holocaust" movie made in 2000's depicts the true atrocities of the holocaust. Now most of those documentaries will show the skinny bodies being dumped in graves, but those movies are always in black and white.

Does this sound like a movie depicting the atrocities of the holocaust?:

And if I really wanted to be an a$$hole, I could go through and get a synopsis of all of these films in order to find out how the holocaust was addressed or depicted, because the movie I quoted makes it seems like its just used as a plot device.

My point is, when slave movies or civil rights movies are made they don't hesitate to show graphic, explicit violence against Blacks committed by whites.
These so called holocaust movies are given a heroic or noble tint, that Black movies are not awarded.

But you did prove your point....kinda

You're being disingenuous and you know that.

Most of those are docs and the only mainstream depiction of the Holocaust as a movie from Hollywood that is explicitly graphic is Schindler's list. That's a movie that's almost 30 years old.

Either you guys are in denial or you just don't really pay attention to the movie market. Those of us who actually are into films know that a Holocaust themed movie comes out EVERY year. I'm talking movies where the Holocaust is the MAIN premise. It's been happening for over 3 DECADES. And you never hear Jews complaining about "Oh shyt, not another movie showing our pain". Their pain and history is not shameful for them. They make everyone watch it. You guys are full of shyt talking about 30 years ago.

The freakin' Zookeeper's Wife JUST came out a few months ago! Son of Saul? C'mon man. And one of the most graphic depictions of the Holocaust 'Life is Beautiful', came out in 2009. JFC.

nikkas always wanna cover their eyes and ears and be like nope it don't exist, I dont want to see it

It's embarrassing. Our struggle is worse than the Jewish Holocaust and its still going on. We've been fukked over so bad and it started centuries ago yet we still cry and moan about movies shedding light on it. Its fukking weird, man. I can count on one hand the number of slave movies that have been made. One hand. Maybe two hands if you want to dig in the obscure pile.

How many Civil Wars movies have been made?
How many WWII soldier movies have been made?
How many mafia movies have been made?
How many Holocaust movies have been made?
How many Vietnam War movies have been made?
Now count how many movies have been made about the African slave trade.

fukking ridiculous.

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
Either you guys are in denial or you just don't really pay attention to the movie market. Those of us who actually are into films know that a Holocaust themed movie comes out EVERY year. I'm talking movies where the Holocaust is the MAIN premise. It's been happening for over 3 DECADES. And you never hear Jews complaining about "Oh shyt, not another movie showing our pain". Their pain and history is not shameful for them. They make everyone watch it. You guys are full of shyt talking about 30 years ago.

The freakin' Zookeeper's Wife JUST came out a few months ago! Son of Saul? C'mon man. And one of the most graphic depictions of the Holocaust 'Life is Beautiful', came out in 2009. JFC.

It's embarrassing. Our struggle is worse than the Jewish Holocaust and its still going on. We've been fukked over so bad and it started centuries ago yet we still cry and moan about movies shedding light on it. Its fukking weird, man. I can count on one hand the number of slave movies that have been made. One hand. Maybe two hands if you want to dig in the obscure pile.

How many Civil Wars movies have been made?
How many WWII soldier movies have been made?
How many mafia movies have been made?
How many Holocaust movies have been made?
How many Vietnam War movies have been made?
Now count how many movies have been made about the African slave trade.

fukking ridiculous.
That movie came out in 1997....and it was rated PG-13
Life Is Beautiful (Italian: La vita è bella [la ˈviːta ɛ bˈbɛlla]) is a 1997 Italian comedy-drama film directed by and starring Roberto Benigni, who co-wrote the film with Vincenzo Cerami. Benigni plays Guido Orefice, a Jewish Italian book shop owner, who employs his fertile imagination to shield his son from the horrors of internment in a Nazi concentration camp. The film was partially inspired by the book In the End, I Beat Hitler by Rubino Romeo Salmonì and by Benigni's father, who spent two years in a German labour camp during World War II.

The film was a critical and financial success, despite criticisms of using the subject matter for comedic purposes. It won the Grand Prix at the 1998 Cannes Film Festival, nine David di Donatello Awards, including Best Film, in Italy, and three Academy Awards, including Best Actor for Benigni.

And the slave movies that are made are not made so that white people feel disgusted about what happened to Africans over here in America, white people get a sick sense of pleasure out of seeing Black people being raped, beaten, lynched and murdered.

There hasn't been a movie about the holocaust that has matched the gratuitous violence against Blacks in Django, never mind 12 years a Slave. And do you want to know why? it's because they can't bear the sight of jews being cooked in ovens or gassed in showers or being experimented on by nazi scientists. Tell me on movie that shows that. Jewish people motto is "Never Again"

But you want to keep seeing slave movies huh? What are you going to gain from that? what do think is going to happen if they make a slave movie every year? A constant and graphic reminder that white people treat Black people like shyt and nothing happens to them.

That's why Get Out gained some much attention and praise in the Black community.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
That movie came out in 1997....and it was rated PG-13

And the slave movies that are made are not made so that white people feel disgusted about what happened to Africans over here in America, white people get a sick sense of pleasure out of seeing Black people being raped, beaten, lynched and murdered.

There hasn't been a movie about the holocaust that has matched the gratuitous violence against Blacks in Django, never mind 12 years a Slave. And do you want to know why? it's because they can't bear the sight of jews being cooked in ovens or gassed in showers or being experimented on by nazi scientists. Tell me on movie that shows that. Jewish people motto is "Never Again"

But you want to keep seeing slave movies huh? What are you going to gain from that? what do think is going to happen if they make a slave movie every year? A constant and graphic reminder that white people treat Black people like shyt and nothing happens to them.

That's why Get Out gained some much attention and praise in the Black community.

No, I want both. I don't want to be ashamed of my ancestors and what they went through AND I want movies that depict it realistically, especially the revolts and resistance, which we have only begun to do. I want more of that. I also want more Black sci-fi, horror, and fantasy. Why can't we have all of it? Why do we have to pit these things against each other?

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
No, I want both. I don't want to be ashamed of my ancestors and what they went through AND I want movies that depict it realistically, especially the revolts and resistance, which we have only begun to do. I want more of that. I also want more Black sci-fi, horror, and fantasy. Why can't we have all of it? Why do we have to pit these things against each other?
Now you're starting to sound better, we can have this discussion because I agree with you in part. I definitely feel that there should be more movies about revolts and revolutions, but you heard Nate Parker talk about what he went through to get the Nat Turner movie made. And I still think the execs made sure it wasn't too graphic in its depiction of white people being killed. They haven't made a movie about Harriet Tubman or Sojourner Truth and how they lead slaves to freedom. They haven't made a movie about how all those Blacks ended up in Canada, namely Toronto. For me its not about shame as it is, anger and vitriol, because it seems like hollywood is only interested in making Black slave snuff films; that's what they feel like to me. I think that white people get a sick sense of joy in reminding Black people of how they were considered subhuman and treated as such. You absolutely right in terms of we need more Black mythology, ancient tales, futuristic stories, because our history and existence didn't start in 1619 in Jamestown, nor did it come to fruition in 2008 with Obama being elected.

I want to see the stories about the Blacks who were here before 1619, I want to see the story of Timbuktu I want to see the stories of how Black people were able to tap into that unknown esoteric wisdom. Tariq Nasheed is doing a movie about the Haitian Revolution, but white people on here posing as Blacks will shyt on it because they don't like Nasheed.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
:gucci:

Lucky?

He's had two hits ("Key & Peele" and "Get Out") in two different mediums (TV and movie) that were two different genres (comedy and horror)....there's zero reason to doubt him right now.

And the "Chronicle" comparison is :what: mostly because their respective success levels were never the same.

Fred.

Yes he was lucky a guy does one successful movie that does not suddenly make him the next Spielberg. Chronicles and Get out can be compared because of what they accomplished. They are both small budget movies that went on to gross hundreds of millions. Of course Get Out is the more successful of the two with a budget of 5 millions and grossing 217 million while Chronicles had a budget of 12 million and went on to gross 123 million. This is the reason studio exes are knocking on his door right now and nothing else. Studio exec you mean to say I can make the same money as a blockbuster simply investing the same money I would on an independent film?:gladbron:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I do find it troubling that he's going to create a series based on the shyt Blacks had to go through during Jim Crow. Our elders always have to get put up on that Summer Jam screen. Notice how many shows or movies are not made about the Holocaust? It only referenced, and even then, they make the Nazis charismatically evil. Or they will make evil whites into Vampires or Zombies not natural in order to take the sting out of their evil.

Schindlers List was fukked up tho..:dahell: Also The man in High Castle is based on the Nazi's Winning...And that shyt be having me like...:merchant:

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
Schindlers List was fukked up tho..:dahell: Also The man in High Castle is based on the Nazi's Winning...And that shyt be having me like...:merchant:
But about how long ago Schindler's List came out, plus they done it in black and white in order to take the sting out of it. The plot even gives a German nazi a good heart. But even real holocaust survivors felt some type of way about it.

At a 1994 Village Voice symposium about the film, historian Annette Insdorf described how her mother, a survivor of three concentration camps, felt gratitude that the Holocaust story was finally being told in a major film that would be widely viewed.[105] Hungarian Jewish author Imre Kertész, a Holocaust survivor, feels it is impossible for life in a Nazi concentration camp to be accurately portrayed by anyone who did not experience it first-hand. While commending Spielberg for bringing the story to a wide audience, he found the film's final scene at the graveyard neglected the terrible after-effects of the experience on the survivors and implied that they came through emotionally unscathed.[106]

I still contend that they will never depict the holocaust they way they depict how Blacks were treated during slavery.