Just saw Creed and I gotta say, Michael B Jordan just doesn't have it

Kitsune

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I felt fukked over after learning he was starring in the black panther movie, hype meter went from 100 to 0 real quick and its a shame got cuz the film deserves better

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Call me a c00n, neg me, or whatever. I tried to give breh chance after chance, hes' just not that good an actor and definitely not believable when he tries to act tough :francis:

Wallace was his best role cuz it was the most believable.
I remember reading a post of yours saying he wasn't believable in Fruitvale Station :dwillhuh:

p00rky

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Francisco/Tokyo
He's been shyt since The Wire. I was actually happy when he died. He was shyt on the soap operas too. His acting is horrible. He's sucking and fukking for roles. No way anyone thinks he's that talented.

NoChillJones

Banned
Daps
Call me a c00n, neg me, or whatever. I tried to give breh chance after chance, hes' just not that good an actor and definitely not believable when he tries to act tough :francis:

Wallace was his best role cuz it was the most believable.

Beg to differ. His choice in roles sucks.....but his skills are pretty solid.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
fruitvale station was overrated too. such a forgettable film. all you need to watch are the last 20 minutes.

as for MBJ i think he's "okay". he's not great but he's good enough. i wouldn't say he ruins anything he's in. creed was forgettable but not because of MBJ.

the real culprit is coogler. he has a strong following but he is not nearly as good as people think he is.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
he's worse imo the perennial sidekick

I think Nate Parker is better than all of them

100% agreed about MBJ and Nate. Nate Parker is byyyyyyyyyy far the best young black actor. I wish MBJ all the success in the world as a black man, but I can't help but feel like Nate should be getting the roles MBJ is getting. :wow:

I said this about Creed:

Michael B. Jordan didn't have an Oscar worthy performance. I'm sorry, brehs. :yeshrug:

Watching Creed I kept thinking how a "better" actor would have really killed that role. How he would've brought something almost elemental out of that character. The connection between two men who are divided by time and death, but undoubtedly bonded by the same forces. How there are somethings we can't escape in life and even in death. Jordan took no chances and all lines are delivered by him with basic perfunctory. I really want him to be a great actor. But, I don't see it, yet. Maybe as he gets an little older he'll have the gravitas to really nail this kinda stuff. Even the big, "I gotta prove it," moment of the film is delivered on some :ehh: shyt.

I hate to do it, but Nate Parker would've killed that role, dug it up, shot it again, and cremated it.:wow:. I wish he got more work, but I know he's doing his Nat Turner biopic and seems to be taking direction of his own career -- which is awesome.

---------

I think Nate is going to be in popular demand after Birth of a Nation. :jawalrus:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
fruitvale station was overrated too. such a forgettable film. all you need to watch are the last 20 minutes.

as for MBJ i think he's "okay". he's not great but he's good enough. i wouldn't say he ruins anything he's in. creed was forgettable but not because of MJB.

the real culprit is coogler. he has a strong following but he is not nearly as good as people think he is.

Yeah, Coogler isn't a great director yet. Maybe he will be in time as he gains more experience. I do have a tremendous amount of respect for him because he's a young dude getting it in Hollywood.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
how did coogler get into hollywood at such a young age? what was his first movie he directed?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Yall are missing the point of his character in Creed, his character is trying to be the tough guy when he really isnt. He did a great job imo, and yall straight ignoring how well he did in Fruitvale :stopitslime:
Lol nikka GTFO, Fruitvale station was the first movie that came to mind when I thought about how bad he is in serious roles :laff:

And nah bruh, his performance in Creed had nothing to do with his character was "trying" to act tough. It was cringeworthy because of his acting skills, not because his character was posed to be a wannabe thug