Just saw Creed and I gotta say, Michael B Jordan just doesn't have it

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Do you have any idea how many shytty actors are in hollywood?? And you come after MBJ? Who isn't even bad??

You obviously didn't understand the character in Creed, and you're just talking shyt to be critical of a nikka.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
He's "the future", so we kinda either have to support him, or wait until Hollywood is willing to put another brother on.

We are at a weird time where legends like Whitaker, Washington, Cheadle, Smith, Jackson, etc are getting old. The generation that was supposed to get on after them (Derek Luke, Mekhi Phifer, Sean Patrick Thomas, Michael Ealy) never really panned out. Hell, Tyrese probably came the closest from that class....:mjlol:

So we had this gap where all of the popular black actors were old as shyt. White AMERICANS went through a somewhat similar thing, only difference is that they filled their ranks with English and Australian talent.

There was a minute there where I was looking at the future of blacks in film and television and thinking we were just getting phased out completely.

Kevin Hart (36) seems to be a "made man", but his lane is extremely narrow. He's just a short black c00n for whities to laugh at every 6 months.

I'd like to see Michael B, Nate Parker (I agree with those saying that he's great, I recently saw Ain't Them Bodies Saints and he outshines Casey Affleck), John Boyega, Shameik Moore, Donald Glover, and Chadwick Boseman pan out.

Same thing with black women. It's a little different because they are slightly more discriminated against in film, but at least we had Angela and Halle. The era that came after them? Meagan Good is a certified sex symbol but she never broke through. I thought that Joy Bryant had a chance but she just kind of faded away. Dawson and Saldana relate to and are marketed as Latinas, so they don't count.

I feel like Tessa Thompson, Lupita, Nicole Beharie (I really hope she lands a big studio role soon....I think her personality is too meek for Hollywood to notice her, she might need a new publicist), Kiersey Clemons, Zendaya, Keke Palmer and Jurnee Smollett-Bell are the ones with actual "chances" right now. (And before someone points it out, I know that there is some heavy colourism here, but that's a completely different discussion).

I dunno. I've rambled a bit I know. But I just don't see the point in dragging like...1 out of the 4 young black men that got a major release this year.

Y'all gon stop slandering my boy coogler :ufdup:

He still has room to grow, but I think he did great with creed. Not sure they should hand black panther to him just yet, but if he kills it, he's certified.

Rian Johnson getting Star Wars 8. Hell, Colin Trevorrow got Jurassic World AND Star Wars 9 after having done basically nothing.

We are in the era of Hollywood fast-tracking directors after they gain some indie cred and maybe a small studio film. Maybe Coogler hasn't "proven" himself for Panther, but half of these dudes doing big budget movies right now haven't either.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Zay's got another one :wow:

There's nothing special or good about him and he's got that goofy look. When he tries to be tough it just looks forced and corny. The same when he tries to act cool.

My hype for Black Panther went out the window with his casting, going to be a villain/antagonist in that movie too, come on :mjlol:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Do you have any idea how many shytty actors are in hollywood?? And you come after MBJ? Who isn't even bad??

You obviously didn't understand the character in Creed, and you're just talking shyt to be critical of a nikka.
Boy shut yo lame ass up :laff:

I'd dead ass slap df outta you bruh

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Zay's got another one :wow:

There's nothing special or good about him and he's got that goofy look. When he tries to be tough it just looks forced and corny. The same when he tries to act cool.

My hype for Black Panther went out the window with his casting, going to be a villain/antagonist in that movie too, come on :mjlol:
I didn't even know this :laff:

Im gonna go see it just for the fukkery :mjlol:

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
If Ryan Gosling is considered a good actor, then MBJ is a GREAT actor

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Yall are missing the point of his character in Creed, his character is trying to be the tough guy when he really isnt. He did a great job imo, and yall straight ignoring how well he did in Fruitvale :stopitslime:

Don't be hipster trash and use the old and very tired "You guys didn't understand/missed the point" angle. Pretty sure everyone on here "got it"...however, no one was willing to buy into what he was "selling". Basically, he did a bad job at putting that out into the audience. They tried for the tender scenes ala Rock 1 but he just came off as a spoiled brat who had a legendary father. I suppose the narrative is to blame. The hard juxtaposition of Rocky literally coming from nothing, to Creed coming from wealth, was too stark.

They had to make Batman a brooding psychopath, and kill both parents, to make everyone ignore the fact that he's the richest man in Gotham.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw the movie. I actually thought it was pretty good tbh. But yeah MBJ did his thing he was alright tho. I agree, mack wilds would've killed this role (in a good way )
I like Nate Parker, but at 36 he can hardly be considered a young actor and plus I don't think he looks young enough to play a 20 something year old creed jr.
Shiet, most of the prominent black actors now are in their 40s and up so hes pretty much considered one of the younger guys at 36:yeshrug:

IWunD3r

Superstar
Daps
I felt fukked over after learning he was starring in the black panther movie, hype meter went from 100 to 0 real quick and its a shame got cuz the film deserves better
Go back towhere u came from, u cretin.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Same thing with black women. It's a little different because they are slightly more discriminated against in film, but at least we had Angela and Halle. The era that came after them? Meagan Good is a certified sex symbol but she never broke through. I thought that Joy Bryant had a chance but she just kind of faded away. Dawson and Saldana relate to and are marketed as Latinas, so they don't count.
:patrice:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
:manny: Maybe they've both tried to play it both ways a bit, I dunno. I just wouldn't feel comfortable categorizing them with say, Taraji P or Viola D or women like that.

FWIW, they are both in that middle-aged lane anyways. Both almost 40. Saldana is just lucky as sin that she has Marvel/ST/Avatar to look forward to. Regardless of identity, neither would qualify as "up and coming" as I was speaking about.