Just saw Creed and I gotta say, Michael B Jordan just doesn't have it

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I agree he doesn't have it but (it not because he can't do a tough guy he is just very limited and only plays white boy's safe black friend or a malcontent thug with chip on shoulder) other than fassbender (Fukk box office) which actor in the last 15 years has "it"? not Gyllenhaal, not bale, not gosling, not Pratt, not pine, not Reynolds, certainly not hardy, not cumberbatch not Elba, not chitwel, not Mackie and so on and so forth

chosenaledge13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Adamsville/ATL
I agree he doesn't have it but (it not because he can't do a tough guy he is just very limited and only plays white boy's safe black friend or a malcontent thug with chip on shoulder) other than fassbender (Fukk box office) which actor in the last 15 years has "it"? not Gyllenhaal, not bale, not gosling, not Pratt, not pine, not Reynolds, certainly not hardy, not cumberbatch not Elba, not chitwel, not Mackie and so on and so forth

I agree with the first part but to say Elba, Bale, and Hardy dont have "it" :dwillhuh:

They all have that one film that they carried, proving thier star power:

Beasts of No Nation
The Machinist/American Psycho
Bronson

Classic Undeniable Performances

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
MBJ was good in Creed. I think he needs to do a project without Coogler and that's not a knock on Coogler. A comedy for MBJ would be good right about now just to switch the pace up a bit imo

Daps
:mjlol:@ whoever said Mackie as poppa doc
that nikka was the fakest thug I seen but I think he was supposed to be a fake thug in 8mile so I guess he did do a good job

far as creed goes some of the lines were corny but I think he gave a solid performance. the director did a hell of a job tho considering creed was one of my favorite movies last year and it's only his second film. And we the same age

My favorite line in the whole movie was when baby creed started to believe in himself and swiped the brit under his eye

"He bleed just like me. He bleed just like me!"

I almost shed a tear like you do for your lil breh that been struggling tryna find himself and then he finally starts to become great :mjcry:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
MBJ was good in Creed. I think he needs to do a project without Coogler and that's not a knock on Coogler. A comedy for MBJ would be good right about now just to switch the pace up a bit imo
You never heard of awkward moment?

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I agree with the first part but to say Elba, Bale, and Hardy dont have "it" :dwillhuh:

They all have that one film that they carried, proving thier star power:

Beasts of No Nation
The Machinist/American Psycho
Bronson

Classic Undeniable Performances
I guess I am so use to cruise who gives 110% every role, if bale had "it" why did he stink up the joint so bad as John Connor? that shyt was a gimmie. Losing weight isn't acting besides that bale is long gone the actor he's become since he got overexposed just seems like a different dude. There is nothing hardy did as Brunson that bana didn't do better as chopper and the latter doesn't have "it" either.
An actor that has "it" doesn't do no good deeds

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Exactly. That's the point. He's somewhere in between wanting to be a street kid and accepting the fact that he's lived a privileged lifestyle.

How no one picked that up is beyond me.

He's a good natured kind kid who doesn't want to be that because of his identity issues that stem from never knowing his father yet living in his shadow.
Bruh stfu with this?

Where in the movie does it imply that he's some wannabee hood nikka? :mjlol:

He grew up in a group home and didn't know neither one of his real parents.

How is that a "wannabe" street kid? :dead:

IDGAF if he got adopted when he was 11.

MBJ just can't pull off serious roles