Just saw Creed and I gotta say, Michael B Jordan just doesn't have it

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
100% agreed about MBJ and Nate. Nate Parker is byyyyyyyyyy far the best young black actor. I wish MBJ all the success in the world as a black man, but I can't help but feel like Nate should be getting the roles MBJ is getting. :wow:

I said this about Creed:

Michael B. Jordan didn't have an Oscar worthy performance. I'm sorry, brehs. :yeshrug:

Watching Creed I kept thinking how a "better" actor would have really killed that role. How he would've brought something almost elemental out of that character. The connection between two men who are divided by time and death, but undoubtedly bonded by the same forces. How there are somethings we can't escape in life and even in death. Jordan took no chances and all lines are delivered by him with basic perfunctory. I really want him to be a great actor. But, I don't see it, yet. Maybe as he gets an little older he'll have the gravitas to really nail this kinda stuff. Even the big, "I gotta prove it," moment of the film is delivered on some :ehh: shyt.

I hate to do it, but Nate Parker would've killed that role, dug it up, shot it again, and cremated it.:wow:. I wish he got more work, but I know he's doing his Nat Turner biopic and seems to be taking direction of his own career -- which is awesome.

---------

I think Nate is going to be in popular demand after Birth of a Nation. :jawalrus:
To be fair, Nate Parker is 8 years older than MBJ..

And I just agree to disagree on the performance breh. He did a great job imo.

I think Nate's a better actor though.

Krazy K

All Star
Daps
:mjlol:@ whoever said Mackie as poppa doc
that nikka was the fakest thug I seen but I think he was supposed to be a fake thug in 8mile so I guess he did do a good job

far as creed goes some of the lines were corny but I think he gave a solid performance. the director did a hell of a job tho considering creed was one of my favorite movies last year and it's only his second film. And we the same age

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Finally, somebody who agrees with me. :bryan:
Dude is at best a sidekick. He can't carry a film. Doesn't have the charisma or gravitas to be a leading actor.
Breh. Hollywood has fakkits like Nicholas Hoult as a leading man in shyt. Give Michael B Jordan a fukking chance :stopitslime:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Breh. Hollywood has fakkits like Nicholas Hoult as a leading man in shyt. Give Michael B Jordan a fukking chance :stopitslime:

You usually see the talent in the early roles. I don't see it. He's meant to play the 2nd fiddle

100% agreed about MBJ and Nate. Nate Parker is byyyyyyyyyy far the best young black actor. I wish MBJ all the success in the world as a black man, but I can't help but feel like Nate should be getting the roles MBJ is getting. :wow:

I said this about Creed:

Michael B. Jordan didn't have an Oscar worthy performance. I'm sorry, brehs. :yeshrug:

Watching Creed I kept thinking how a "better" actor would have really killed that role. How he would've brought something almost elemental out of that character. The connection between two men who are divided by time and death, but undoubtedly bonded by the same forces. How there are somethings we can't escape in life and even in death. Jordan took no chances and all lines are delivered by him with basic perfunctory. I really want him to be a great actor. But, I don't see it, yet. Maybe as he gets an little older he'll have the gravitas to really nail this kinda stuff. Even the big, "I gotta prove it," moment of the film is delivered on some :ehh: shyt.

I hate to do it, but Nate Parker would've killed that role, dug it up, shot it again, and cremated it.:wow:. I wish he got more work, but I know he's doing his Nat Turner biopic and seems to be taking direction of his own career -- which is awesome.

---------

I think Nate is going to be in popular demand after Birth of a Nation. :jawalrus:

I hope so, MBJ is not doing these roles justice

Sane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London Town

I said this about Creed:

---------

I like Nate Parker, but at 36 he can hardly be considered a young actor and plus I don't think he looks young enough to play a 20 something year old creed jr.

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's alright. Nothing spectacular.

he's worse imo the perennial sidekick

I think Nate Parker is better than all of them

I haven't seen him anything else, but he kept on making this grimacing face in "Beyond the Lights".

Chadwick Boseman has done "42", "Get On Up" and now nabbed the Black Panther role. I'd like to see him get more shine.

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
fukk outta here,yall go so hard on black actors like everybody gotta be Will,Denzel,Angela Bassett:mjlol:....If they aint that they must suck,or be overated:stopitslime

Yall nikkas outta bounds with this,and im going to suggest you fall back before you look stupid.....did yall even watch the movie?he was great in the movie....plus he has somethimg that you cant teach which is likeability....he comes off as likeable no matter what role he's portraying,which is perfect for the movie Creed....if you think a better actor couldve neccesarily made themselves come off more likeable in Creed you are mistaken,and without that the movie wouldve failed.....Denzel has it,Will has it,theres a reason MBJ having the success he is:wow:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
fruitvale station was overrated too. such a forgettable film. all you need to watch are the last 20 minutes.

as for MBJ i think he's "okay". he's not great but he's good enough. i wouldn't say he ruins anything he's in. creed was forgettable but not because of MBJ.

the real culprit is coogler. he has a strong following but he is not nearly as good as people think he is.
I was amazed at how meh Creed was. It wasn't bad and it wasn't good...it was just there. Nothing about it made any kind of impression. Kinda shocked me in it's uninspired blandness.
And I think that is what MBJ is as an actor. He isn't so bad that he will ruin a movie but he also isn't good enough to carry one either. He is just a guy reciting lines.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Yall are missing the point of his character in Creed, his character is trying to be the tough guy when he really isnt. He did a great job imo, and yall straight ignoring how well he did in Fruitvale :stopitslime:
Exactly. That's the point. He's somewhere in between wanting to be a street kid and accepting the fact that he's lived a privileged lifestyle.

How no one picked that up is beyond me.

He's a good natured kind kid who doesn't want to be that because of his identity issues that stem from never knowing his father yet living in his shadow.