Kurt Angle Breaks Down Why Fans Hate Roman Reigns

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
Kurt Angle Has Figured Out Why WWE Fans Hate Roman Reigns So Much

"Roman Reigns is talented. I don’t care what anyone says. You can’t deny that the kid knows how to work. I believe what happened to him was that they didn’t have him go through the ringer. They didn’t have him win the European title, or I should say, the Intercontinental title, U.S. title, King Of The Ring [tournament]. They just threw him up there right away and the fans don’t like that. They want you to earn your keep. If any wrestler has ever done that, I don’t know of one. It seemed like they were really trying to push Roman faster than he should have been pushed. I think he will earn the respect of fans, but it’s going to take a little bit more time.

“For Vince McMahon, it’s not a difficult choice. You keep Roman Reigns in the picture and you just continue to push him. And eventually, someday, it won’t be the half and half, 50 and 50 [where] 50 [percent of the crowd] like him and 50 don’t. Eventually, it’ll go up, 60, 70 percent.”

It's true. It's damn true :wow:

Daps
1956965_orig.jpg

INTENSITY
4911661_orig.jpg

INTEGRITY
kurt.jpg

INTELLIGENCE

Roman missing the three I's unlike GOAT Angle
:wow:

Last edited:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
the other thing is if you look at Brock who was pushed to the main event quickly too, you will see the difference. Brock in 02 was beating legends and was doing it in a way where you took notice, not back and forth hard fought battles (Roman/Bryan) where he doesn't build much character; he (Brock) just annihilated them showcasing him as a true monster. He also had Heyman speaking for him which helped too.

In hindsight, Roman should have been the one to turn on the Shield, join the authority, build up his on little stable and call it the Roman Empire and dominate for a lil bit then have the authority turn on him and have Roman become a tweener Goldberg-esque character.

Last edited:
Daps
The Daniel Bryan situation really did it for him.

That whole ringer stuff has nothing to do with reigns. Truth be told the last dudes to go through the ringer was prolly cena, edge, & the miz you see how they were treated.:dame:

The rest of these dudes like del Rio, sheamus, ko, Rollins, etc ain't have to do that.:manny:

Kurt the GOAT Angle told no lies. That boy is talented, but haters gonna hate so it's whatever.:umad:

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
But let TSC tell it, it's all Daniel Bryan's fault. :martin:

The Daniel Bryan situation really did it for him.

That whole ringer stuff has nothing to do with reigns. Truth be told the last dudes to go through the ringer was prolly cena, edge, & the miz you see how they were treated.:dame:

The rest of these dudes like del Rio, sheamus, ko, Rollins, etc ain't have to do that.:manny:

Kurt the GOAT Angle told no lies. That boy is talented, but haters gonna hate so it's whatever.:umad:

:lolbron::lolbron::bryan:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
the other thing is if you look at Brock who was pushed to the main event quickly too, you will see the difference. Brock in 02 was beating legends and was doing it in a way where you took notice, not back and forth hard fought battles (Roman/Bryan) where he doesn't build much character; he (Brock) just annihilated them showcasing him as a true monster. He also had Heyman speaking for him which helped too.

In hindsight, Roman should have been the one to turn on the Shield, join the authority, build up his on little stable and call it the Roman Empire and dominate for a lil bit then have the authority turn on him and have Roman become a tweener Goldberg-esque character.
Didn't Kurt angle do all of those things in like 18 months though?

There is just no reason to like reigns and celebrate him beating people with more character than he, especially fan favorites like rusev and Wyatt, no matter his moveset or workrate.
The key to both these cases is that they were heels doing all of this. The obvious push/quick rise to the top naturally draws resentment. Roman went from the cool big moves guy in the Shield to the obvious Chosen One in a matter of months.

The only time that worked was with Batista, and that came off the strength of Triple H’s powerful “Anybody But Him” heat, AND jumping on the wagon as soon as it got hot.

Man, SO many things are wrong with Roman's push, it's hard to think of what was right.