Live action Gundam being made by Netflix... Official Thread?!?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Netflix is Making a Live-Action Gundam Movie with Jordan Vogt-Roberts Directing - IGN

Netflix is making a live-action Gundam movie, directed by Jordan Vogt-Roberts

AAAABWHl6sE3EmgkjAhahgMimzoBzTJZLXHhEDPhWBTcTUc4a3qZxQdws5y_i3LQrBJlPR2952KvvGWjt_BwxLTUHDtD0qNf.0.jpeg

Gundam is about to make the jump to live action in a big way — Legendary Pictures is working on a feature film version of Sunrise’s incredibly popular mech suit anime for Netflix, set to be directed by Jordan Vogt-Roberts (best known for his work on Kong: Skull Island.)

Legendary was first announced to be working with Sunrise on the live-action Gundam film in 2018, although today’s news doesn’t shed too much light on the upcoming project, which only has a working title at this point. Netflix hasn’t announced details on who might be cast or what the plot will be (or even if the movie will be adapting any of the dozens of different anime arcs, series, and films that already exist in Sunrise’s franchise). Brian K. Vaughan is attached to the project as a writer and executive producer, too.

tumblr_nrp4mjUqip1rjxyrgo1_400.gifv

:wow:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I loved pacific rim, it was very underrated.:ld:

I'm one of the few that defended that film, they nailed the action but fumbled the bag with the plotlines and dialogue. THAT'S what scares me because Gundam is carried by the plot & the action is secondary, otherwise it's just going to become a recyclable bunch of set pieces and explosions.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
It has so much potential but the execution has to be nearly perfect for it to get even half the success it's capable of. I just don't know if they're able to pull this off, look what they did with Pacific Rim. :mjcry:

After seeing what Space Sweepers had to work with, I'm optimistic. Netflix should be able to make a lit Gundam movie without a monster budget. An 08th MS Team type story would translate well to live-action.

Last edited: