Live action Gundam being made by Netflix... Official Thread?!?

basedlawd

Banned
Daps
Given how the Gundam franchise works, I think it makes sense to create a new timeline than trying to adapt stories that people already have an attachment to. There are already so many ways to fukk this up that doing that would save some trouble.

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Given how the Gundam franchise works, I think it makes sense to create a new timeline than trying to adapting stories that people already have an attachment to. There are already so many ways to fukk this up that doing that would save some trouble.

i wouldnt mind this too much. its gonna be the movie universe either way. as long as the mechs arent too far out of the way like that turn A disaster, it should be all good

Superstar
Daps
After seeing what Space Sweepers had to work with, I'm optimistic. Netflix should be able to make a lit Gundam movie without a monster budget. An 08th MS Team type story would translate well to live-action.

I would love to see thunderbolt if they’re willing to make it R or pg-13. It would probably be best if they did a live action version of the newer prequel, gundam: the origin. shyt was a lot better than I expected it to be. I won’t be optimistic about this until I see a trailer lol.

Superstar
Daps
G Gundam just for the easy fighting tournament dynamic.

Robotech still just sitting out there doing nothing :francis:

:mjcry:
We were born too early. A nikka used to spend every Saturday dreaming about growing up to pilot 40ft transforming fighter jets and shooting giant aliens... not in my lifetime, I guess

Superstar
Daps
I
After seeing what Space Sweepers had to work with, I'm optimistic. Netflix should be able to make a lit Gundam movie without a monster budget. An 08th MS Team type story would translate well to live-action.

:mjcry:
forgot to say that 08th MS Team or the OG series would be a godly HBO max or Amazon series