Live action Gundam being made by Netflix... Official Thread?!?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
As long as it’s not based off of IBO:mjgrin:

giphy.gif

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Filthy Zeek :hhh:
Man I marathoned UC gundam last summer and I'm convinced Zeon is the real hero of the story

For one the Federation is scum. The whole reason for the war is because they wanted to rein in the colonies and control their resources. Their people have no conviction nor belief in why they're fighting. Thats why when they won the 1year war they immediately turned into military dictators worse than Zeon in Zeta gundam.

Anaheim electronics controls the Fed from the shadows to profiteer off the war and through all these Gundam series, NOBODY has checked them.

And worst of all they LOVE chucking children in mobile suits and letting them be fodder on the front lines. In the hopes 1/100000 develops into a sociopath space psychic.

On the other hand Zeon is fighting for independence. And they believe in this shyt.

You don't see passion like that in the Federation. :wow:

They got grown men fighting their war and them nikkas will volunteer for any and every experimental tech if it can give them an edge. They invented mobile suits.

Char would have led us to a golden age. :wow: Instead look at the state of the universe in Victory Gundam and Gundam X. :scust:

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
My 7-9 year old self would probably agree with that. He grew up though and now sees bad writing for what it is.:lolbron:
this is guaranteed to be garbage
I agree but if they're smart, then they'd do an 8th team type of story that's a self-contained backdrop of a larger story. MS 8th team took place during the OYW, but it's mostly it's own thing. That way long time fans could get some Easter eggs and new fans wouldn't need to know anything beyond a synopsis of the conflict which would be given at the beginning of the film.

But yeah, I have low expectations for this and their Bebop adaptation.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Man I marathoned UC gundam last summer and I'm convinced Zeon is the real hero of the story

For one the Federation is scum. The whole reason for the war is because they wanted to rein in the colonies and control their resources. Their people have no conviction nor belief in why they're fighting. Thats why when they won the 1year war they immediately turned into military dictators worse than Zeon in Zeta gundam.

Anaheim electronics controls the Fed from the shadows to profiteer off the war and through all these Gundam series, NOBODY has checked them.

And worst of all they LOVE chucking children in mobile suits and letting them be fodder on the front lines. In the hopes 1/100000 develops into a sociopath space psychic.

On the other hand Zeon is fighting for independence. And they believe in this shyt.

They got grown men fighting their war and them nikkas will volunteer for any and every experimental tech if it can give them an edge. They invented mobile suits.

Char would have led us to a golden age. :wow: Instead look at the state of the universe in Victory Gundam and Gundam X. :scust:

you spittin right now :wow:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I agree but if they're smart, then they'd do an 8th team type of story that's a self-contained backdrop of a larger story. MS 8th team took place during the OYW, but it's mostly it's own thing. That way long time fans could get some Easter eggs and new fans wouldn't need to know anything beyond a synopsis of the conflict which would be given at the beginning of the film.

But yeah, I have low expectations for this and their Bebop adaptation.
08th is my favorite but that series is a slow burn about the drain of war on soldiers. Most of the eps are small military operations in the jungle/ desert.

G Gundam is spectacle. Also the tournament of other countries means it hits the diversity quota.

Gundam Wing is fool’s gold. It’s like Avatar, long form storytelling that’s already been told.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
08th is my favorite but that series is a slow burn about the drain of war on soldiers. Most of the eps are small military operations in the jungle/ desert.
I didn't say to adapt 8th team, I said make it a self-contained side story that's set in the backdrop of a larger event -- which is what 8th was.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps

THIS!!! :salute: