MALIA OBAMA DEVELOPING SHORT FILM AT DONALD GLOVER’S COMPANY

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
GettyImages-631566260.jpg

Malia Obama is staying in the Donald Gloverbusiness. As part of a new GQ cover story on the “Atlanta” creator, Glover revealed that his newly-created production company, Gilga, is developing a short film with Malia Obama, the eldest daughter of Barack and Michelle Obama. GQ confirmed Malia is “creating” the short film. It’s unconfirmed at this time if Malia will direct the project.

Malia already has experience working with Glover as part of the writer’s room of his buzzy Amazon Prime Video series “Swarm,” which debuted March 17 on the streaming platform. Malia had a writing credit on the show’s fifth episode, “Girl Bye,” alongside series co-creator Janine Nabers.

As part of the GQ cover, Glover reflected on how he is mentoring Malia in the entertainment world. “The first thing we did was talk about the fact that she will only get to do this once,” Glover said. “You’re Obama’s daughter. So if you make a bad film, it will follow you around.”

Fam Udeorji, Glover’s longtime collaborator and his creative partner at Gilga, added, “Understanding somebody like Malia’s cachet means something. But we really wanted to make sure she could make what she wanted—even if it was a slow process…It’s more about diversity of thought than just, like, diversity for optics. You know what I mean?”

Plot details about Malia Obama’s new short film are remaining under wraps.

“Swarm” was one of the first projects Glover developed at Gilga. He told GQ of the production company’s purpose: “Rich kids don’t do shyt for money. They do things based on if it’s gonna make them happy. Like, that’s really what I realized this last go-around. I made a lot of money, and it wasn’t that I was depressed or anything like that, but I realized it’s the people I was around that mattered. It’s the food I was able to eat. It’s the processes I was a part of that made me happy. People don’t get quality anymore and they need a filter. Gilga is a perfect filter for that shyt.”

Black Excellence:ehh:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
I won’t be watching that bullshyt and shame on Obama. You’re the first black president, your kids better be in politics or changing lives somehow someway. Black people are so fukking dumb with nepotism. Use that shyt man.

Imagine the Obama name dying politically ? I could never live with that. One of them spillover brats would be forced to carry my name

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I won’t be watching that bullshyt and shame on Obama. You’re the first black president, your kids better be in politics or changing lives somehow someway. Black people are so fukking dumb with nepotism. Use that shyt man.

Imagine the Obama name dying politically ? I could never live with that. One of them spillover brats would be forced to carry my name
Their kids should get to live their lives however they see fit. They don’t owe it to anyone to go into politics just because their dad did. It might be corny to say this but films do have the potential to change people’s lives. I’m sure their parents just want them to be happy and successful at whatever they choose to do.

And she obviously did use nepotism to get into Donald Glover’s production company

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps

Same with a Clinton and Bush name that’s the thing why are people always trying to have wealthy families do their work for them. If you’re black and you’re in politics you could run for president like Obama did.

It’s like forcing the Luther family to be all civil rights activists

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Their kids should get to live their lives however they see fit. They don’t owe it to anyone to go into politics just because their dad did. It might be corny to say this but films do have the potential to change people’s lives. I’m sure their parents just want them to be happy and successful at whatever they choose to do.

And she obviously did use nepotism to get into Donald Glover’s production company

you nikkas are fukking losers
:russ: :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ:

all of you are dead

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North

Y'all miserable nikkas can't even force your own kids to live how you think they should once they hit 16 yet have the gall to speak on how another man should navigate his family. :mjlol: