Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
I've never played the first Mass Effect on console. I would've told you to get it on PC.

I enjoyed the series on my 360/PS3/X1, but, on PC>>>>>>

I just switched to PC after owning consoles for so long. This shyt is like discovering a new theory or some shyt. It feels like I’ve been enlightened lol.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Four hours into my replay;

1. I see why I was so disappointed in this game. The first two hours or so are pretty dope. And there's a solid foundation.
  2. The games looks better than I remember and that may be due to the upgrades I never played through.
  3. The writing still bothers me; I just got on Eos and you'd think Ryder's dad died 15 years ago. :dahell:. No real emotional reaction to it. They killed the dad just to put you in charge.
  4. The open world elements are already diluting the game. I'm already tired of gathering material and researching. If they thought to take probing out of the trilogy, why put even more back into the next generation?

Easy-E

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Again, last time I played it was before the updates;

• I noticed how good the enemy AI is on Insanity -- they take cover a lot
  • Still cannot stand the way you barely are able to control your squad and I blame the engine
  • Combat is fun, but, the options are bloated
  • The dialogue tree is laughably binary; most choices are emotional or all-business

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
There was but they shut off development once the game didn’t perform the way they wanted.

Terrible fukking hate EA.

What they should of done was separate Andromeda from the original series completely. The expectations should of never been compared to the previous 3 at all and they possibly destroyed the damn series.

The game was basically a copy and paste of Dragon Age mixed with Mass Effect 3 Reapers=Kett.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Terrible fukking hate EA.

What they should of done was separate Andromeda from the original series completely. The expectations should of never been compared to the previous 3 at all and they possibly destroyed the damn series.

The game was basically a copy and paste of Dragon Age mixed with Mass Effect 3 Reapers=Kett.

I blame that on BioWare not EA.

I don’t think they destroyed the series at all. Give it a break for a few and get the original team back on it. I’m playing mass effect 3 again at the moment and there’s no reason they couldn’t have continued from that point. I think they overthought stuff and missed a good opportunity there. But give it a few years, maybe 2020, and give us another one.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

I don’t think they destroyed the series at all. Give it a break for a few and get the original team back on it. I’m playing mass effect 3 again at the moment and there’s no reason they couldn’t have continued from that point. I think they overthought stuff and missed a good opportunity there. But give it a few years, maybe 2020, and give us another one.

That's if Anthem makes bank. They got some og folk from the MET on that. I believe they all gonna get the bushes if that shyt flops. I haven't heard about Mac Walters since that MEA fail. :sas2:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's if Anthem makes bank. They got some og folk from the MET on that. I believe they all gonna get the bushes if that shyt flops. I haven't heard about Mac Walters since that MEA fail. :sas2:

Yeah everything rides on anthem. If anthem takes off then they can try to hop back on the mass effect train

Easy-E

Supporter
Daps
Reppin

They were scared. That's it.

I do not believe they went 600 light years after a survey said people didn't want a prequel when a sequel sent a few years after the Reaper War would have fix the issues people had with 3's ending.

I just finished the trilogy off last weekend and I'm 5 hours into Andromeda

My hate for the game has dissipated, but, damn Mass Effect 3 was great!

There could've been a million stories told

Sitting through the Star Child's speech; nothing about destroying the Reapers, controlling them or synthesis was gonna be a perfect world

I think that Extended Ending slide closed the universe up too much

They could've played like the slide show was just the hope of the future, not the result

I'd start Mass Effect 4 in Chicago where you start as a human, turian or salarian and build the character post-Reaper War and built from there to out the universe

Andromeda is a soft reboot

:snoop: They even wrote away the Genophage by saying the Krogans had gene therapy before being put into cryo sleep and it's mostly cured :snoop: