hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You buggin

HOW SWAY?

You gotta look at this shyt objectively instead of just "I like 'Andromeda'".

Casey Hudson wrote the end of 3. It was universally panned and damn near single-handedly killed the franchise. The two founders of Bioware left in the middle of that shyt storm. The entire core Bioware team was taken off the Mass Effect series and the franchise was given to B and C tier programmers, which led to "Andromeda"....which was panned and put the entire series on ice for the foreseeable future.

Again...if you like "Andromeda", cool....but it, along with the ending of 3, killed the series whether or not you want to admit it.

Fred.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
HOW SWAY?

You gotta look at this shyt objectively instead of just "I like 'Andromeda'".

Casey Hudson wrote the end of 3. It was universally panned and damn near single-handedly killed the franchise. The two founders of Bioware left in the middle of that shyt storm. The entire core Bioware team was taken off the Mass Effect series and the franchise was given to B and C tier programmers, which led to "Andromeda"....which was panned and put the entire series on ice for the foreseeable future.

Again...if you like "Andromeda", cool....but it, along with the ending of 3, killed the series whether or not you want to admit it.

Fred.

Nah.

The entirety of ME3 was great until the ending. And watching the ending before the dlc, I didn't have too many problems with it. People get into an echo chamber and their opinion some how becomes fact and they start to sway others opinions. Like the opinion that ME1 gameplay being horrible somehow makes the game better. shyt is ridiculous.

And what you brining up Andromeda for? Casey ain't have nothing to do with that game.

The ME trilogy got better with each game story wise and gameplay wise. Y'all gone have to miss me with the bs.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
ME3 was great until the ending now? :gucci: they had every sidequest locked into a shytty excel spreadsheet, they got a cyborg ninja running around for no fukking reason, and exploration got reduced to a minigame where you dodge reapers like an SNES game

and i actually liked ME3 :gucci:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Nah.

The entirety of ME3 was great until the ending. And watching the ending before the dlc, I didn't have too many problems with it. People get into an echo chamber and their opinion some how becomes fact and they start to sway others opinions. Like the opinion that ME1 gameplay being horrible somehow makes the game better. shyt is ridiculous.

And what you brining up Andromeda for? Casey ain't have nothing to do with that game.

The ME trilogy got better with each game story wise and gameplay wise. Y'all gone have to miss me with the bs.

But Mac Walters did. A lead writer for ME2 and ME3. Along with Hudson they strong armed the ending and wrote it themselves while ignoring the rest of the teams inputs. Mac went on to direct ME:A. Look how that ended up. And EA just came through and gutted the studio that worked on the game for the poor results. It don't matter who comes back, EA already showed how they felt about the ME name when they passed it off to a weak ass team that had many issues ignored for their new IP.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nah.

Breh....again....you need to look at shyt OBJECTIVELY.

"ME1" was a success. Sold well, critically acclaimed, etc. It don't matter if you dislike it, I'm talking about reality. Not my opinion....not a few people....you can go watch old reviews from critics and read fan reactions that came out when the game was new....people loved it. Whether or not you want to accept that is irrelevant.

Likewise, the ending of "ME3" was not well received. You say the game was great "until the ending"....ok, cool. Casey Hudson is directly responsible for the ending....so again, how am I "bugging" for saying he ruined the franchise?

"Well, opinion becomes fact and it starts to sway people"....look man, just say you like 3 and KIM. Anything beyond that is you trying to explain to people that received the game in real time why their reactions aren't genuine....which honestly, is silly as fukk. Especially in light of how things turned out for the series. Especially when you're late to the party and trying to shoehorn your opinion into the narrative 6+ years too late.

Lastly, I'm bringing up "Andromeda" because it's the end result of everything else I'm talking about. And it put the series on ice for the foreseeable future. It don't matter if you like it, it don't matter if you think it's better than 1. All that shyt is completely irrelevant.

Fred.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Breh....again....you need to look at shyt OBJECTIVELY.

"ME1" was a success. Sold well, critically acclaimed, etc. It don't matter if you dislike it, I'm talking about reality. Not my opinion....not a few people....you can go watch old reviews from critics and read fan reactions that came out when the game was new....people loved it. Whether or not you want to accept that is irrelevant.

Likewise, the ending of "ME3" was not well received. You say the game was great "until the ending"....ok, cool. Casey Hudson is directly responsible for the ending....so again, how am I "bugging" for saying he ruined the franchise?

"Well, opinion becomes fact and it starts to sway people"....look man, just say you like 3 and KIM. Anything beyond that is you trying to explain to people that received the game in real time why their reactions aren't genuine....which honestly, is silly as fukk. Especially in light of how things turned out for the series. Especially when you're late to the party and trying to shoehorn your opinion into the narrative 6+ years too late.

Lastly, I'm bringing up "Andromeda" because it's the end result of everything else I'm talking about. And it put the series on ice for the foreseeable future. It don't matter if you like it, it don't matter if you think it's better than 1. All that shyt is completely irrelevant.

Fred.

There is nothing OBJECTIVE to look at. Everything is subjective. Like I told someone else, ME1 was trash, ME2 and 3 are GOAT tier and MEA is good. Ion really care what anyone else has to say about it.

Another ME will probably be released in 5 years after Anthem flops.

I really have nothing to discuss with most of you on here because we don't agree on shyt.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I'm saying breh. When you're talking about actual history there's always receipts. Let me go make a thread on how Jar Jar Bink was actually well loved, since apparently it's Rewrite History Day.

Fred.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Matterfact. I'm bout to beat this sucker for the 5th time before I retire it for a while. :blessed:

IHUIw8Q.jpg

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'm saying breh. When you're talking about actual history there's always receipts. Let me go make a thread on how Jar Jar Bink was actually well loved, since apparently it's Rewrite History Day.

Fred.

Dude played the games recently and out of order that's why he's fronting the way he is. ME1 murders ME:A on a critic and user score level and he called it trash.
:hhh:

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Reinstalling into my system, now :snoop:

It's been a year and I just beat the trilogy, again, so, I may as well.

Damn, I'm gonna miss this series.

I notice how they left bread crumbs for DLC--which was kinda dirty--but, they should've been a perfect starting point for a Mass Effect 4. The Catalyst basically said none of the choice would make lasting peace;
  • Organics never were ready for Synthesis
  • Destroy would kill the Reapers, but, make their lives tougher and Synthetics will still rise up
  • Control could have a Injustice type vibe with Shepard now being a Reaper god trying to control the galaxy
Still a 10/10 game to me

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Yo @Easy-E I just started playing ME on PC and this shyt dope. I take back most of what I said about the gameplay. It’s clearly dated but I think the main problem was playing on consoles at a low framerrate. Got this shyt running at 60fps with MEUITM installed and this shyt is actually fun now. Gaming in PC might change my opinion on a lot of games I had a negative view on.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Yo @Easy-E I just started playing ME on PC and this shyt dope. I take back most of what I said about the gameplay. It’s clearly dated but I think the main problem was playing on consoles at a low framerrate. Got this shyt running at 60fps with MEUITM installed and this shyt is actually fun now. Gaming in PC might change my opinion on a lot of games I had a negative view on.

I've never played the first Mass Effect on console. I would've told you to get it on PC.

I enjoyed the series on my 360/PS3/X1, but, on PC>>>>>>