Master P Speaks That Real About Kevin Garnett Losing $77M

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
P is my guy--a gotdamn legend--but, he pocket watches too much. To be a player at the height that Kevin does it is time consuming.

He played for 20 years.

KG lost that money because he's black. He didn't have a father and grandfather to teach him how to keep that and show he who to trust.

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
P is my guy--a gotdamn legend--but, he pocket watches too much. To be a player at the height that Kevin does it is time consuming.

He played for 20 years.

KG lost that money because he's black. He didn't have a father and grandfather to teach him how to keep that and show he who to trust.
That plays a role for sure.

I think part of it is also just the mentality of top athletes in general.

If you're a top NBA, NFL, etc. player...you're a winner. You've competed and won at every single level since you can remember.

I think when brehs take that mentality into the world of investments, they get themselves into potentially dangerous situations.

They think to themselves, alright, this dude has a deal on the table offering 10x returns (or whatever bullshyt the "advisor" is promising them).

It sounds like a great idea. And 10x returns...I'd be stupid not to sign on! And anyways, how could I lose?

It's the combination of lack of financial knowledge (because of their background) and the mindset you have to have to really kill the game and get to the top of your sport.

Easy-E

Supporter
Daps
Reppin

I should neg you you taken my quote out of context.

I'm referring to generational wealth. $77 million is empire money. Brothas coming up with that in one generation is crazy and hard to maintain.

But, we got ppl like P blaming it on "not giving back" and "being depressed" and religion.

Easy-E

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That plays a role for sure.

I think part of it is also just the mentality of top athletes in general.

If you're a top NBA, NFL, etc. player...you're a winner. You've competed and won at every single level since you can remember.

I think when brehs take that mentality into the world of investments, they get themselves into potentially dangerous situations.

They think to themselves, alright, this dude has a deal on the table offering 10x returns (or whatever bullshyt the "advisor" is promising them).

It sounds like a great idea. And 10x returns...I'd be stupid not to sign on! And anyways, how could I lose?

It's the combination of lack of financial knowledge (because of their background) and the mindset you have to have to really kill the game and get to the top of your sport.

I'm not trying to make him 100% a victim, but, imagine his dad passed on a financial spot that his dad got him into. It's a little harder to run into thieves.

This agents and managers and lawyers in cohoots with each other, also.

White folks been closing ranks for generational.

But, yea; brothas make "investments" to being the holy grail of keeping money

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You ain’t never too fukkin busy to watch and check on your money and these athletes don’t even be that damn busy, stop the bullshyt. I know this for a fact

It’s muthufukkas makin 50gs with full time jobs, side hustles, kids and lives outside of that, that can tell you where their coins are goin down to the penny but a rich nikka that plays basketball can’t :mjlol:

Daps
Master-P-Fat-Toronto-Raptors-Percy-Miller-NBA.png

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
I'm not trying to make him 100% a victim, but, imagine his dad passed on a financial spot that his dad got him into. It's a little harder to run into thieves.

This agents and managers and lawyers in cohoots with each other, also.

White folks been closing ranks for generational.

But, yea; brothas make "investments" to being the holy grail of keeping money
Absolutely breh. If he had fam with this knowledge no way he would've gotten into this spot.