Master P Speaks That Real About Kevin Garnett Losing $77M

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
He also has been in the league for 15 years with no major injuries--anomalies exist.

I don't have to explain how 70% of athletes go broke after 3 years of retirement.

Why Do So Many Athletes Go Broke?

I'm not here to say athletes can kept their wealth, but, most do.

The thing is; certain rich people are able to recover from losing a lot of money (Trump went bankrupt like 6 times) while black athletes gotta work at Starbucks

They can recover because they come from wealthy families and have wealthy friends who are willing to give them loans and multiple chances. Even broke white people get loans after loans and lines of credit. Most black millionaires are the first in their families to become millionaires and their money is made through performing and not a business so it's not exactly like they can pass on the family business or sell it for profit. There's generations of wealth and institutions stacked against black millionaires. It isn't as simple as he's black so he doesn't have a dad so he stupid. Which is the most conservative talking points there is. One it takes credit away from black mothers and two it goes against so many studies that show black fathers spend the more time with their kids than any other race. Also it assumes that black fathers would automatically know about finance and economics and that mothers know nothing. The problem here is first and foremost on the crooks that finessed him and second on KG for not being about his paper.

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They can recover because they come from wealthy families and have wealthy friends who are willing to give them loans and multiple chances. Even broke white people get loans after loans and lines of credit. Most black millionaires are the first in their families to become millionaires and their money is made through performing and not a business so it's not exactly like they can pass on the family business or sell it for profit. There's generations of wealth and institutions stacked against black millionaires. It isn't as simple as he's black so he doesn't have a dad so he stupid. Which is the most conservative talking points there is. One it takes credit away from black mothers and two it goes against so many studies that show black fathers spend the more time with their kids than any other race. Also it assumes that black fathers would automatically know about finance and economics and that mothers know nothing. The problem here is first and foremost on the crooks that finessed him and second on KG for not being about his paper.

Yup and even when some black people get Weatlh the get with a white woman have kids ....

Then get breeded out in 30 years now it’s white people weatlh and they don’t even talk about where the money come from

They don’t talk about pop pop the basketball player

Nothing but “rose give me those keys” out there

But hey that’s what they like for some reason

:yeshrug:

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever

I litterally meant everything but the bolded

But, I forgot about dap-fishers that would take what I said out of context to rush to call name like this is middle school

Black people normally do not make this type of money

$77 mil to lose is royal family type of money..we don't have a community of ppl to trust and rely on to grow in

Just the same predators that steal from everyone else

That's all I meant

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
they used him as inspiration for Kratos in that God of war series

167.gif

this is the first time I've heard of this....KG was the inspiration for Kratos????? :wtf:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
This muthafukka lived up the street from Master Percy the Last Don Mr.Ice Cream Man TRU to the Game makin makin makin crack like this and never sat and built with this brother??
:dahell:

Lemme find out Master P in my hood im knockin on the door like "can we talk about money?"
:lolbron:

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
I litterally meant everything but the bolded

But, I forgot about dap-fishers that would take what I said out of context to rush to call name like this is middle school

Black people normally do not make this type of money

$77 mil to lose is royal family type of money..we don't have a community of ppl to trust and rely on to grow in

Just the same predators that steal from everyone else

That's all I meant

Nah I got the gist of what you were trying to get across. Honestly it's a tough spot because success for a lot of black folks is getting out the neighborhood when in reality we should be keeping our dollars in the hood, so that way people got a blueprint and a community to support them. But it's hard to tell someone to send their kid to a bad school or not ball out when they got the means to move away. Gonna take a lot of time, money and legislation to fix this. I respect the value of your message and no doubt having your father and mother around is the ideal situation and there are things your father or mother can teach that the other can't.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Nah I got the gist of what you were trying to get across. Honestly it's a tough spot because success for a lot of black folks is getting out the neighborhood when in reality we should be keeping our dollars in the hood, so that way people got a blueprint and a community to support them. But it's hard to tell someone to send their kid to a bad school or not ball out when they got the means to move away. Gonna take a lot of time, money and legislation to fix this. I respect the value of your message and no doubt having your father and mother around is the ideal situation and there are things your father or mother can teach that the other can't.

You can leave the hood but still live around black people fam. Gotta kill this myth that leaving the hood means disassociating with black people when there's tons of areas that aint hood and are good areas but majority black.

We all agree that we do need to support each other as much as possible and put our money where it needs to go. Gotta remember too that all skinfolk ain't kinfolk and you can't save everyone.

I know there's other black financial advisors these dudes could go to, but they keep getting fleeced by the clowns. No excuse to not keep up with your paper. If regular nikkaz can, these cats can too.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
What does not investing in Master P have to do with financial literacy? Nothing at all.
So your first statement doesn't support anything at all.

If you study economics you still can/will have investment analyst, because economics doesn't mean you know about investment strategies and how to play various financial markets. Economics is a large field, with numerous disciplines within it. On top of that you have seperate fields like accounting and etc. So like P it seems you might be over simplifying or down right ignorant of what you are talking about.

KG had an accounting firm, he is suing the accounting firm for not stopping the Banks guy from ripping him off. Read. Stop looking at headlines and then making some c00nish self hating bullshyt angle to spin.

There is no message that P is giving except people need to give him money and if they didn't he is going to complain now.

Like I said you missed the whole message. You took the parts you wanted because you wanted to hate on P.

If you have one accounting firm watching one investor that’s dumb. You have a couple accountants watching the accounting firm watch the investor. When you have that much money your a corporation. You need to run your money as one. You think these companies with 100 million dollars in capital have one person looking at money and one looking at investments?

I’ll wait.

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
You can leave the hood but still live around black people fam. Gotta kill this myth that leaving the hood means disassociating with black people when there's tons of areas that aint hood and are good areas but majority black.

We all agree that we do need to support each other as much as possible and put our money where it needs to go. Gotta remember too that all skinfolk ain't kinfolk and you can't save everyone.

I know there's other black financial advisors these dudes could go to, but they keep getting fleeced by the clowns. No excuse to not keep up with your paper. If regular nikkaz can, these cats can too.

I feel you but that's not true everywhere especially if you are up north. But my main point is that there shouldn't have to be a ghetto at all. That's a whole other topic though. It's always been crazy to me how everyone is so accepting of the idea that there is a place in the city where shyt is just bad and that's just the way it's going to be.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps

I disagree, unless your mother and father is rich no need to take money advice from them. KG needed advice from other successful athletes like Magic, Shaq, MJ etc on how to grow his money. The question is not how to grow money but who has successfully grown money and model them.